+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

International

Re: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Chechnya would seem like a walk in the park compared with what they'd face in the Ukraine.
    I agree 100%. And Putin is not stupid. I have it in the back of my mind that he thought the West would back down before now and that he is now in a cleft stick, attack and lose he loses face, withdraw and he loses face. That is why this time is so critical

Needs this guy to get involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqk4pWnVN5w

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a big country , wonder if we would see Western backed covert support for the Ukraine guerilla warfare campaign ?
    no idea...hope it won't get that far.

Boris Churchill is at the helm, we can rest safe in our beds

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He's as high as Johnson on the bellendometer but Dominic Cummings makes a good point here

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/stat...sgGCLX7hmW-S0g

Part of me says we should call Putin's bluff as he keeps saying that the reaction of NATO/The West is simply hysteria and he has no intention of invading Ukraine. So sit back and see.

On the other hand, of course, he may not be bluffing at all and will invade with the inevitable loss of life and for what? If the reason is to prevent Ukraine becoming part of the NATO alliance, surely that is crazy because if Ukraine becomes part of Russia then not only will Putin have NATO members Estonia and Latvia as next door neighbours but Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania as well!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's as high as Johnson on the bellendometer but Dominic Cummings makes a good point here

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/stat...sgGCLX7hmW-S0g
    https://clickhole.com/heartbreaking-...gr-1825121606/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Countries advising thier citizens to leave immediately, wonder if there is new Intel ?
    Winter Olympics ends in nine days' time

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we are about to send over more troops, one of the dads of one of my players was told yesterday to be on standby and expect to go this weekend
    Fairford busier than normal.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...ican-b-6632491
    Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't really kept up with this. What's the issue exactly, why would Russia want to invade them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Part of me says we should call Putin's bluff as he keeps saying that the reaction of NATO/The West is simply hysteria and he has no intention of invading Ukraine. So sit back and see.

On the other hand, of course, he may not be bluffing at all and will invade with the inevitable loss of life and for what? If the reason is to prevent Ukraine becoming part of the NATO alliance, surely that is crazy because if Ukraine becomes part of Russia then not only will Putin have NATO members Estonia and Latvia as next door neighbours but Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania as well!
    NATO was born out of the cold war with the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact, and established a balance of power which kept the peace, and acted as a deterrent to both 'sides'. The Soviet Union is no more, nor is the Warsaw Pact, yet NATO prevails. Putin isn't arguing for it's disbandment, just assurances that Ukraine won't become a member - assurances which the West gave Russia previously. If I were Putin I wouldn't want missiles on my border pointing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I haven't really kept up with this. What's the issue exactly, why would Russia want to invade them?
    Putin, being the dyed-in-the-wool ex-KGB thug, wants to restore the old Soviet Union.

He will get international condemnation if he invades the Ukraine a second time , so he will probably think to himself.... "Why stop there, why not move on to Georgia"?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    NATO was born out of the cold war with the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact, and established a balance of power which kept the peace, and acted as a deterrent to both 'sides'. The Soviet Union is no more, nor is the Warsaw Pact, yet NATO prevails. Putin isn't arguing for it's disbandment, just assurances that Ukraine won't become a member - assurances which the West gave Russia previously. If I were Putin I wouldn't want missiles on my border pointing at me.
    Why? I’m sure he’s got enough pointing our way, it’s not like they can only travel a few miles is it? Ukraine is it’s own country, a big one too, it’s not the dark ages why should it feel threatened by Russia in 2022 after decades of independence? I’m glad we have NATO to deter loonies like putin

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And Maggie Truss did you see the hat FFS

Ukraine is a top exporter of corn, barley, and rye, but it's the country's wheat that has the biggest impact on food security around the world. In 2020, Ukraine exported roughly 18 million metric tons of wheat out of a total harvest of 24 million metric tons, making it the world's fifth-largest exporter. It basically fed the old Soviet Union , so perhaps this is what Russia are after ?

It is the second-largest country by area in Europe after Russia, which it is obviously next to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Putin, being the dyed-in-the-wool ex-KGB thug, wants to restore the old Soviet Union.

He will get international condemnation if he invades the Ukraine a second time , so he will probably think to himself.... "Why stop there, why not move on to Georgia"?

Trump will be furious its a swing state 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Ukraine is a top exporter of corn, barley, and rye, but it's the country's wheat that has the biggest impact on food security around the world. In 2020, Ukraine exported roughly 18 million metric tons of wheat out of a total harvest of 24 million metric tons, making it the world's fifth-largest exporter. It basically fed the old Soviet Union , so perhaps this is what Russia are after ?
    That's a lot of shredded wheat , you might have a point though as the world moves away from fossil fuels ??

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why? I’m sure he’s got enough pointing our way, it’s not like they can only travel a few miles is it? Ukraine is it’s own country, a big one too, it’s not the dark ages why should it feel threatened by Russia in 2022 after decades of independence? I’m glad we have NATO to deter loonies like putin
    indeed

The Bully that is Russia and Putin obviously need a deterrent and if its NATO, then lets welcome the Ukraine in

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    who knows how Putin thinks

what's for sure is retirement is not an option to him. if he ever leaves the job as president of Russia it'll either be in a body bag or a prison cell.

he has a firm grip on the country, especially the media, as journalists who are critical of him have a surprising habit of falling out of windows.
    in the Russian media he, like so many dictators, paints himself as the great protector, defending Russia against western aggression.
    you can be sure that if he does invade Ukraine, they will first report that Ukraine is invading Russia, or that they are killing Russian people in the country so he can rescue them.
    it could just be a way of keeping an iron grip on the country.
    if more had more of his neighbours turn to the west then it may be difficult for him to maintain control

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    who knows how Putin thinks

what's for sure is retirement is not an option to him. if he ever leaves the job as president of Russia it'll either be in a body bag or a prison cell.

he has a firm grip on the country, especially the media, as journalists who are critical of him have a surprising habit of falling out of windows.
    in the Russian media he, like so many dictators, paints himself as the great protector, defending Russia against western aggression.
    you can be sure that if he does invade Ukraine, they will first report that Ukraine is invading Russia, or that they are killing Russian people in the country so he can rescue them.
    it could just be a way of keeping an iron grip on the country.
    if more had more of his neighbours turn to the west then it may be difficult for him to maintain control
    "if he ever leaves the job as president of Russia it'll either be in a body bag or a prison cell."

Yup, he knows it too, that's the frightening thing about it...desperado!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Eagerly shared by a bunch of scum who think they're a cut above the 'sheeple '. Will keep the antivaxers busy i suppose, another cause they can jump straight into
    In fairness, nothing ever is entirely black or white. There is no doubt the west would like regime change in Russia for example, but that doesn't change who the aggressor is, which is plainly Russia which cannot get over an independent Ukraine looking towards the west

Nonetheless, here are the troops;
    https://order-order.com/2022/02/11/s...kraine-crisis/

I should add, I entirely support Corbyn and Abbott's right to say whatever the hell they like.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In fairness, nothing ever is entirely black or white. There is no doubt the west would like regime change in Russia for example, but that doesn't change who the aggressor is, which is plainly Russia which cannot get over an independent Ukraine looking towards the west

Nonetheless, here are the troops;
    https://order-order.com/2022/02/11/s...kraine-crisis/

I should add, I entirely support Corbyn and Abbott's right to say whatever the hell they like.
    You love your Guido Fawkes sites, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You love your Guido Fawkes sites, don't you?
    It gets a shit load of scoops and is part of a range of websites worth lookint at.

It has posted a video in full there. Diane Abbots own words.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It gets a shit load of scoops and is part of a range of websites worth lookint at.

It has posted a video in full there. Diane Abbots own words.
    Your balanced view of all websites exposed here methinks.