+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not convinced that you can claim that etymology - Mugwort (Artemesia Vulgaris) is not Wormwood (Artemesia Absinthium) - it is in the same genus, much like cashew nuts and poison ivy are, but they are not the same.

Wormwood and mugwort would have been well known to the ancients and that Wormwood was poisonous in large quantities, Mugwort is not.

If we suspend all rational thought for a few minutes and accept that there were people 2000 years ago who could see the future (perhaps after ingesting some wormwood), and they claim that "wormwood" would cause poisoning of waters in the future, it is another monumental leap to say that by wormwood they actually mean mugwort, because in a language that hadn't even been invented at the time of the prophecy they would have a common name that was similar, and then in another language that also didnt exist at the time a nuclear power plant would be named after mugwort.
    It wasn't my claim, old fruit.

Anyway, the Bible is a load of bollocks, we know that. Unfortunately, if indoctrinated as children, people will believe in talking snakes, gods who are part elephant/part person and any other codswallop thought up by ill-educated, primitive people thousands of years ago.
    Childhood indoctrination builds an internal belief system that is often impervious to critical analysis in later years.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A question for any contributors of long standing: in your experience, has there ever been a period during this message board's history when it's been host to as many fruit loops as it is now?
    There were people like Born Maesteg Now Brighton who were definitely fruit loops. But somehow in a more benign, innocent way.

A question for any contributors of long standing: in your experience, has there ever been a period during this message board's history when it's been host to as many fruit loops as it is now?
    Without a doubt

As a point of interest what category do you place yourself in ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can you confirm that you are indeed a new poster or an old poster under a new guise?
    I can confirm that I am new, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a point of interest what category do you place yourself in ???????????
    The 'not a fruit loop' category.

Why all the question marks? Is that a fruit loop thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    I can confirm that I am new, old fruit.
    You fool nobody. Except maybe the odd fruit loop.

To be fair you had a public argument with a man in a bath

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A man in a bath? You'll have to explain that one as I've no idea what you're talking about.

A man in a bath? You'll have to explain that one as I've no idea what you're talking about.
    I can remember that well.

The 'not a fruit loop' category.

Why all the question marks? Is that a fruit loop thing?
    Yes its great to see your humble pie reply oh , and I don't need no doctor)
    'Cause I know what's ailing me " )????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can remember that well.
    I can't.

Yes its great to see your humble pie reply oh , and I don't need no doctor)
    'Cause I know what's ailing me " )????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
    Strange man.

No, and I'm proud to one of those loops ( well at least I admit to it )

This behaviour all goes back to Brexit .

Looking at other footy boards they don't seem to get so wound up , must be a grumpy old man ( opps person ) Welsh ante Tory thingy.
    The great Russia collusion hoax is also a contender, as it had some of the message boards greatest minds bamboozled on a daily basis for over 4 years. Apparently old Donnie and Vlad were communicating on a secret telephone line down in the basement, via an unknown Beta Bank or something like that. It was great entertainment!

Strange man.
    Thought you were a music man well you were the last time we chatted

An interesting video that I watched yesterday.
    The youngsters certainly are more candid in their views.

https://youtu.be/HAmzPeDoE3Q

Thought you were a music man well you were the last time we chatted
    He needs a username upgrade, The Lone Sniper?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He needs a username upgrade, The Lone Sniper?
    The lone snipet

Was he In Quadrophenia?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was he In Quadrophenia?
    Well Be Bopaloola
    Ah Yeeeahh

Got any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Got any photos?
    there was a video

C’mon now Dave, we believed Tony Evans walked on water and that was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Although Truthpaste's biblical screeds amuse me enormously when there is scant historical evidence of talking snakes and the life of Jesus, the Chernobyl etymology appears to be correct.

Wikipedia states: "The city's name is the same as one of the Ukrainian names for Artemisia vulgaris, mugwort or common wormwood, which is Ukrainian: чорнобиль, romanized: chornóbyl' "
    Appreciate you taking the time to examine this - when people do this on the areas that don't require faith in an Almighty God, they discover that the Bible is accurate in all the sciences it touches on. You and others may assume that people like me have chosen blind faith over reasonable faith; however such an assumption can be proved wrong and always has been by people who care to look - the main reason people don't choose to look in detail is because they have an alternative faith, even though they don't realise this.

Also the last thing they would want, is the guy they've always used as a swear word to BE who He claims to be