+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover soon?

Re: Takeover soon?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't know about Leekes, but CCFC are still leasing the training facilities at the Vale according to this:

https://www.commercialnewsmedia.com/archives/94926

There are all sorts of things down there now - an FAW pavilion, a WRU centre of excellence, ten different pitches, etc.
    Nice research Dave 👍

I don't know about Leekes, but CCFC are still leasing the training facilities at the Vale according to this:

https://www.commercialnewsmedia.com/archives/94926

There are all sorts of things down there now - an FAW pavilion, a WRU centre of excellence, ten different pitches, etc.
    Surely leasing a facility is far more cost effective than building our own

Maybe we'll ultimately know how good/bad an owner Tan is or has been when he eventually leaves the club. If he leaves demanding to be repaid everything he's put in then he'll go on my shitlist alongside Jim Davidson and Obafemi Martins

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe we'll ultimately know how good/bad an owner Tan is or has been when he eventually leaves the club. If he leaves demanding to be repaid everything he's put in then he'll go on my shitlist alongside Jim Davidson and Obafemi Martins
    have to hope he doesn't threaten to shut down the club and kill it and then 20 years on try and sue us for the umpteen time

Wembley four times? Are you sure?
    FA cup semifinal
    FA Cup Final
    Carling Cup Final
    Playoff Final

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    FA cup semifinal
    FA Cup Final
    Carling Cup Final
    Playoff Final
    And those appearances at Wembley all came after Tan arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Surely leasing a facility is far more cost effective than building our own
    Who knows? Senior club officials have been talking about building their own training facility at the Vale for more than a decade and they’ve gone to the lengths of getting planning permission for it (twice), so they seem to believe it would be beneficial.

Ah , no , I stand corrected

He has done ok for me, rescued the rebrand shocker and we have been promoted twice.

However a club of our size with the stadium we have "should" be competing at this level as a minimum (there are bigger clubs at this level and we have no divine right of course).

The 2 promotions were welcome, larger clubs have struggled more of course but equally smaller clubs have done far better during Tan's time also.

We blew two fantastic opportunities to push on, for whatever reasons.

For me a change would be good, mostly as I can't see anything ahead but struggle with an ownership that whilst servicing the debts and paying the bills just doesn't seem interested at all.

There is no ambition, no energy or drive about the club. I don't think you need to spend massive amounts for ambition either, sometimes just an owner and management that show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice.

We just...... Drift

Tan has made poor decisions but he has been the best and most succesful owner in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Tan has made poor decisions but he has been the best and most succesful owner in decades.
    It's been a very low bar Stan. We've never had any luck with owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's been a very low bar Stan. We've never had any luck with owners.
    Think that goes for the majority of football clubs.

I think he's the best owner we've had for decades and think many would swap theirs for ours

Rick Wright would have been a good owner, if he had the investment of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Rick Wright would have been a good owner, if he had the investment of others.
    Rick Wright seemed to have a plan but not the funds which was a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He has done ok for me, rescued the rebrand shocker and we have been promoted twice.

However a club of our size with the stadium we have "should" be competing at this level as a minimum (there are bigger clubs at this level and we have no divine right of course).

The 2 promotions were welcome, larger clubs have struggled more of course but equally smaller clubs have done far better during Tan's time also.

We blew two fantastic opportunities to push on, for whatever reasons.

For me a change would be good, mostly as I can't see anything ahead but struggle with an ownership that whilst servicing the debts and paying the bills just doesn't seem interested at all.

There is no ambition, no energy or drive about the club. I don't think you need to spend massive amounts for ambition either, sometimes just an owner and management that show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice.

We just...... Drift
    I disagree that to "show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice". Without significant investment they would just be empty words. Anyone can stir the fans passions by promising the Earth but at the end of the day it all comes down to money.

Sam had all those things you desire, like ambition, energy and drive and we all know how that turned out.

Tan is not perfect but he's the best owner we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I disagree that to "show ambition and a desire to be the best you can be would suffice". Without significant investment they would just be empty words. Anyone can stir the fans passions by promising the Earth but at the end of the day it all comes down to money.

Sam had all those things you desire, like ambition, energy and drive and we all know how that turned out.

I did say sometimes.

I'm thinking of those clubs on smaller budgets that have had decent success because they had a plan and a vision. We have none.

If a quarter of what we have spent was directed better, in a joined up forward thinking manner, we would be better off for it.

Let's be honest whoever buys us is going to have money, unless Tan is practically giving us away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I did say sometimes.

I'm thinking of those clubs on smaller budgets that have had decent success because they had a plan and a vision. We have none.

If a quarter of what we have spent was directed better, in a joined up forward thinking manner, we would be better off for it.

Let's be honest whoever buys us is going to have money, unless Tan is practically giving us away.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that the club should be more professionally run. Things like recruitment, having a director of football, better scouting etc etc.

Ideally, there should also be a clear vision for the club and much better planning but this has to be coupled with significant investment. Tan has stabilised a club that was on very rocky ground and for that fans should be eternally grateful.

As much as I would like my club to be as progressive as Wolves, Villa, Brighton and Palace etc, there is a part of me that says be careful what you wish for as it could all go horribly wrong. Maybe I am risk averse and prefer the security blanket than Tan provides.

As much as I would like my club to be as progressive as Wolves, Villa, Brighton and Palace etc, there is a part of me that says be careful what you wish for as it could all go horribly wrong. Maybe I am risk averse and prefer the security blanket than Tan provides.
    Little old Cardiff.

Little old Cardiff.
    Little old stable Cardiff as opposed to little old defunct Bury, big old floundering Sunderland and little old sinking Bolton.

Little old stable Cardiff as opposed to little old defunct Bury, big old floundering Sunderland and little old sinking Bolton.
    Stably losing 2 million a month allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Stably losing 2 million a month allegedly
    Every club loses money, it's the nature of the beast but Tan has prevented us going into administration or being wound up. So yeah compared to many, we're a stable club.

I notice that Cardiff city football club on the front of the stadium hasn't been lit up during games this season.
    "Can't afford the bill?" Maybe

I notice that Cardiff city football club on the front of the stadium hasn't been lit up during games this season.
    Or just pointless unless on match days.

Saving the environment.

On a recent job induction qe were told that turning lights off we aren't using and not leaving engines idling were big environment savers.