+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby have a preferred bidder at last

Derby have a preferred bidder at last

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...administrators

Does that mean Mike Ashley will turn his attention to us now? 😁
    Last edited by Undercoverinwurzelland; 06-04-22 at 09:27. Reason: Incomplete

Re: Derby have a preferred bidder at last

So after a season in L1 they'll be back spashing the cash then. Lessons not learned and all that.

Fecking hope not

What kind of debt did Newcastle have under Mike Ashley?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What kind of debt did Newcastle have under Mike Ashley?
    Be fair they’ve had a shit few years under his stewardship???? Two relegations followed by two ‘pissed the league’ championships. What we wouldn’t have given for that!!! 50,000 crowds throughout his time. Loads travelling to away fixtures. All this keeping the club in the headlines eventually leading to a multi million pound takeover (albeit with dubious finance). Their fans, who daftly think they should be rubbing shoulders regularly with Bayern, Real Madrid etc, have a bright future to look forward to, for how long, who knows? But it sure is exciting.

I reckon they’ve had more exciting times than the likes of, say, Everton recently. I don’t know much about Ashley but, no doubt, like most successful businessmen he’s upset people, trampled over folk, rubbed fans up the wrong way. In hindsight though their rollercoaster ride over the last 10+ seasons seems to trump ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...administrators

Does that mean Mike Ashley will turn his attention to us now? 😁
    Derby playing at Burton Albion next season? As the article says, Coventry's experience really is a cautionary tale. Reading's result last night should confirm the three relegated teams. After the dismal Jacks' result, our season doesn't hold much of interest. We'll done to Hull for their £2 offer. Might get a few more bums off seats.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Be fair they’ve had a shit few years under his stewardship???? Two relegations followed by two ‘pissed the league’ championships. What we wouldn’t have given for that!!! 50,000 crowds throughout his time. Loads travelling to away fixtures. All this keeping the club in the headlines eventually leading to a multi million pound takeover (albeit with dubious finance). Their fans, who daftly think they should be rubbing shoulders regularly with Bayern, Real Madrid etc, have a bright future to look forward to, for how long, who knows? But it sure is exciting.

I reckon they’ve had more exciting times than the likes of, say, Everton recently. I don’t know much about Ashley but, no doubt, like most successful businessmen he’s upset people, trampled over folk, rubbed fans up the wrong way. In hindsight though their rollercoaster ride over the last 10+ seasons seems to trump ours.
    Newcastle fans are completely deluded mind. I wouldn’t mind being a regular top flight club that even when it does get relegated, completely pisses the chsmpionship to go back up.

It doesn't answermy question though
    I wasn't knocking Ashley i just wondered how they were debt wise near the end of his tenure

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    It doesn't answermy question though
    I wasn't knocking Ashley i just wondered how they were debt wise near the end of his tenure
    I think he kept a tight ship, not sure they have any debt?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think he kept a tight ship, not sure they have any debt?
    Yeah I think their lack of spending under Ashley is why they were so attractive to their new owners as they could spend a lot without falling foul of FFP

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I think their lack of spending under Ashley is why they were so attractive to their new owners as they could spend a lot without falling foul of FFP
    That’s what I was implying, for all the abuse and brickbats that he got, in hindsight was he that bad given the eagerness of the new investment?

That’s what I was implying, for all the abuse and brickbats that he got, in hindsight was he that bad given the eagerness of the new investment?
    A friend of mine is a Newcastle fan and it was often difficult to take his complaints over the ownership seriously, there are certainly worse owners than Ashley out there