+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Come on, LOM is right here. In an intensely political decision, it shouldn't be up to another Labour electee to oversee it.

I've opposed party political Police and Crime Commissioners from day one. It is a preposterous state of affairs and doesn't aid public trust at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57043100
    Come on, you don't care about beergate/cakegate etc - remember?

Life on Mars hasn't been right about anything I've seen him post

Move on James

Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Come on, you don't care about beergate/cakegate etc - remember?

Life on Mars hasn't been right about anything I've seen him post

Move on James
    I'll just summarise my opinions on this before I go out on the lash for the Wales game

1 / It's not that I don't care (its news, by definition I care) I just think it's all overblown

2 / I am glad Boris has gone. His time had come.

3 / I didnt want Starmer to go. I quite like him, I also think he will not try to reverse brexit and an alternative Labour leader may have , or may have been a Corbynista.

4 / I do think he has got away with it on beergate. I really dont think what he did was different to Sunak and the idea they all carried on working after beer is somewhat questionable. At the very least, it's bad optics when the country faced so many restrictions.

5 / Almost as a statement of fact, the Tories havent got away with it, and Labour possibly have. By definition, the charge of 'one rule for them...' is more easily applied to Labour now, sorry.

6 / I think Police and Crime Commissioners being linked to political parties is utterly preposterous. Police forces are for all, and making them political will only undermine trust. That Durhams PCCC stands on a Labour ticket doesn't help with public trust really...and same would be in reverse.

7 / There absolutely was a very different response when Durham police did not fine Dominic Cummings compared to when they did not fine Starmer. Quite a bit of hypocrisy about.

8 / We absolutely should move on from it, as we should try to from all things Covid.

9 / It's a sunny day, so mines a lager please.