Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
So sorry to hear of this, which sadly mirrors the tragedies of many lives lost to this terrible scourge.
As I see it, we have a balancing act between the efficacy of new vaccines and their possible side effects (from which people have also died)
For me, the knowledge that the autumn Mod and Pf vaccines have only been tested at present on eight mice (but not on humans) definitely affects my decision about whether to accept the offer of the new vaccine.
This is misleading.
Decision was made on “totality of available evidence.”

This includes animal studies on the BA.4/5 boosters, clinical trials of bivalent BA.1 boosters, clinical trials of the original vaccines and boosters, and ongoing monitoring of the safety of the current vaccines.

Experts told Healthline that — given this evidence and the fact that the BA.4/5 bivalent boosters are so similar to the BA.1 boosters — there’s no question that the newly authorized bivalent vaccines are safe.

As someone else has commented, I dont think many people queuing up for the tweaked flu vaccine every year cause a big drama, but because it's covid and there's so much disinformation out there, everyone starts doubting the science which got us as close to normality as we are now!