Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I didn't cherry pick. You did. I responded by offering alternatives, whilst acknowledging the points you made.

You essentially did the equivalent of saying:

"Cardiff City are the worst team in the league" and illustrated that by citing defeats to Luton, Huddersfield, Millwall and Bristol City.

I then said, "but hang on, they have also beaten Middlesbrough, Norwich and Birmingham". not to disagree with your points per se, but to suggest the conclusion was perhaps not correct, as you hadn't considered other factors.

This was a thread about the Italian election. Within a handful of posts, it turns into a rant against the UK government, which is absolutely nothing to do with the thread whatsoever. That's what I mean about Godwins Law Perhaps on CCMB we should call it 'Nephews Law'?

Nephews Law | NOUN | from 'Citizens Nephews Law'/
The theory that as an online discussion progresses, it becomes inevitable that the topic will inevitably resort to slagging off the Conservative Govt , regardless of the original topic:

I don't require the last word, but this is a forum, and it is expected that if you say something, people may respond to you. That's how it works.
-Of course it was.

The WUM that started this thread opened with a gleeful "Something afoot Holmes was UK right to leave"

What did you expect?