+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contract for Sean Morrison?

Re: Contract for Sean Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think he’d make a good coach - get him working with the academy.
    Hudson, Purse & Morrison on the coaching staff …. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If he can get fit it's a definite yes from me on say a one year contract. When Kipre leaves we will be sadly lacking at centre back so Morrison's experience and ability on high balls in particular will be much needed.
    When Kipre leaves the new manager will have all summer to plan for whoever to replace him.

So the latest new(ish) messiah to lead us to the promised land of not being in L1 is Sean Morrison (who was hot and cold before his injury).

...and now, just because he is loved and adored, he'd make a good coach (like Bamba or anyone else who is a Cardiff legend).

As Des just pointed out, Hudson, Purse and Morrison on the coaching staff (one of them still a player...which one is anyone's guess these days) is food for thought!

At Cardiff City, we're like the development team at Wilkinson Sword. Spend millions on trial and error and then, at the end of the day, just say" f*ck it, just stick another blade on it!"

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just sat down for a cuppa & a sarnie, thank God I left my Stanley knife out on the job
    ....why? Is it fish paste and a Wagon Wheel again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The current crop of players and the balance isnt anywhere near good enough. The last thing we need is more lighweight players.

As Blue Matt says he will be a presence in both boxes. Something we are badly lacking.

A fit Morrison is a no brainer. Is he going to be fit enough?

Get MacGuiness back as well.
    OK, here's the deal then Hilts. I'll support Morrison if you join Team Flynn!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    When Kipre leaves the new manager will have all summer to plan for whoever to replace him.
    What Like McGuiness for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    OK, here's the deal then Hilts. I'll support Morrison if you join Team Flynn!
    😂😂 nah your ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What Like McGuiness for example?
    Exactly.
    I don’t get the panic about loans leaving, people will always be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You don't half talk some bollocks, fair play.
    Too old? At 31??!
    Can't play football? Do you actually watch football? Most centre backs are far from technical, they're not in there to play football ffs, they're in there to defend.
    But you'd happily get McGuiness back in place of him?
    Fair play, the Friday entertainment is appreciated
    Cental defenders aren't there to play football? And you accuse someone else of talking bollocks? Give your head a wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Central defenders aren't there to play football? And you accuse someone else of talking bollocks? Give your head a wobble.
    Somebody should tell that to players like Ben White. Talking of which, he's a great example of a player who worked hard learning his craft. Watched him in 17/18 season at Newport before he went to Leeds and now look at him at Arsenal. 45 appearances so far.

Somebody should tell that to players like Ben White. Talking of which, he's a great example of a player who worked hard learning his craft. Watched him in 17/18 season at Newport before he went to Leeds and now look at him at Arsenal. 45 appearances so far.
    As long as Ben doesn't get involved in any of that football nonsense, he may have a career.

I do love the "he doesn't fit into our new style"; probably not seeing as we were shipping in 2 goals a game and can't defend or attack set plays.

NG is not a ball playing centre half, he can't pass it to the right unless he is face on, he can't defend set plays, but does have the mobility that his smaller frame allows, he is a poor mans Matthew Connolly (he'd be Pele to some nowadays)

We have a keeper that fancies playing and Kipre so one leading centre-half who goes for the first ball is more than appreciated.

So the latest new(ish) messiah to lead us to the promised land of not being in L1 is Sean Morrison (who was hot and cold before his injury).

...and now, just because he is loved and adored, he'd make a good coach (like Bamba or anyone else who is a Cardiff legend).

As Des just pointed out, Hudson, Purse and Morrison on the coaching staff (one of them still a player...which one is anyone's guess these days) is food for thought!

At Cardiff City, we're like the development team at Wilkinson Sword. Spend millions on trial and error and then, at the end of the day, just say" f*ck it, just stick another blade on it!"

This. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic or if was happening to another team.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I do love the "he doesn't fit into our new style"; probably not seeing as we were shipping in 2 goals a game and can't defend or attack set plays.

NG is not a ball playing centre half, he can't pass it to the right unless he is face on, he can't defend set plays, but does have the mobility that his smaller frame allows, he is a poor mans Matthew Connolly (he'd be Pele to some nowadays)

We have a keeper that fancies playing and Kipre so one leading centre-half who goes for the first ball is more than appreciated.
    Morrison , if fit would be straight in the team

I would be happy to see Morrison get a contract to the end of the season.

He has his strengths as well as his weaknesses - and provided he isn't expected to be a ball playing sprinter and can concentrate on defending our goal and providing a set-piece threat at the other end, then all good.

Although having just re-watched his goal against Hull when he sprinted into their box, turned two defenders, and cooly slotted the ball into the far corner, I maybe have my rose coloured glasses on.

I'm not sure that the other back up central defensive options are better than Mozzer (I prefer NG and Kipre in a two). Different but not better. McGuinness can be recalled in January and has been a bit of a star for Wednesday, but he made too many mistakes at the end of last season. Simpson has looked solid and mobile at times, but clumsy at others. Nelson is now second favourite with the board boo boys (after Ojo but before Watters) but despite his limitations has been good in a back three in some recent games. Denham has been injured (and has caught growth spurtitis from Colwill) and hasn't even got into recent u21 squads.

I would have a fit Morrison on the bench before most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Morrison , if fit would be straight in the team
    In the 18 months before injury, Morrison was poor defensively. Any pacy attacker fancied their chances against him. His instinct became to back off, which then allowed attackers to get shots off.

Straight in the team? Bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    In the 18 months before injury, Morrison was poor defensively. Any pacy attacker fancied their chances against him. His instinct became to back off, which then allowed attackers to get shots off.

Dont talk bollocks, he had Flint and Nelson next to him then

**** me Beckenbauer would have looked shite with those two next to him

In certain games, where we are likely to have an aerial bombardment, like tomorrow, Morrison would be ideal with Kipre and Ng in a back 3

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post

Rubbish , you sound like one of those pundits off match of the day

He's fine for the championship and he's what we need now

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Dont talk bollocks, he had Flint and Nelson next to him then

**** me Beckenbauer would have looked shite with those two next to him

In certain games, where we are likely to have an aerial bombardment, like tomorrow, Morrison would be ideal with Kipre and Ng in a back 3
    Flint was fine at this level

The problem with ccfc at the moment is most of the squad is league 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Flint was fine at this level

The problem with ccfc at the moment is most of the squad is league 2 !
    That post deserves an award lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a 'no' from me.

He's been a good servant for the City since his arrival in 2014.
    However, his weakness was always the tendency to get exposed through lack of pace.

Coming back from a serious ruptured ACL, approaching the age of 32? I can see it ending in tears.
    Totally agree.
    Also we are trying to play out from the back and Morrison would be further exposed. Good stopper and good in the air but awkward and full of mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Although having just re-watched his goal against Hull when he sprinted into their box, turned two defenders, and cooly slotted the ball into the far corner, I maybe have my rose coloured glasses on.
    You've just reminded me I've an eye test coming up. This was the one from 2019!

https---s3-images.sportbible.com-s3-content-c11a76d05cbdc4c2c6993bcb50cfaa06.jpg

oh....and Sludge...you might want to revise your view of him after reading this article from 2019. Rumour has it, he lounges on the sofa in a Liverpool shirt!

Morrison Misses Open Goal And Fouls Salah After Saying He Wants Liverpool To Win Title

I'd have him on the bench, as an option. I actually really like him and he's always been very polite and well spoken...apart from that video leaked a few seasons ago, which I still think was hilarious.

You've just reminded me I've an eye test coming up. This was the one from 2019!

https---s3-images.sportbible.com-s3-content-c11a76d05cbdc4c2c6993bcb50cfaa06.jpg

oh....and Sludge...you might want to revise your view of him after reading this article from 2019. Rumour has it, he lounges on the sofa in a Liverpool shirt!

Morrison Misses Open Goal And Fouls Salah After Saying He Wants Liverpool To Win Title

I'd have him on the bench, as an option. I actually really like him and he's always been very polite and well spoken...apart from that video leaked a few seasons ago, which I still think was hilarious.
    THAT video was hilarious, really?
    Personally, I found it disgusting.