+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WALES SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Re: WALES SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What people ?????

Apart from you and one other tinternet wannabe, read nothing about it !!!

Just surmising aren’t you, really
    Mainly just people on Facebook, may not be based on anything or just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Mainly just people on Facebook, may not be based on anything or just a guess.
    So it isn't based on anything, just people jumping to conclusions. I'd be surprised if Harris changes now, he's been highly rated for a long time so would have had plenty of opportunities to switch but has only played for Wales at youth level

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So it isn't based on anything, just people jumping to conclusions. I'd be surprised if Harris changes now, he's been highly rated for a long time so would have had plenty of opportunities to switch but has only played for Wales at youth level
    I would have thought so. Although I don’t know what people know just what they have said.

If his announcement had included a commitment to Wales, then there wouldn't be any speculation. Chem Campbell did the same thing.

Encouraging to see Brennan Johnson Man of the Match and Keiffer Moore rated second best player on the pitch in the fans votes on the BBC website.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Encouraging to see Brennan Johnson Man of the Match and Keiffer Moore rated second best player on the pitch in the fans votes on the BBC website.
    I watched the Forest game and they are still a hard watch, their build up play from the back and through the middle is quite static, so the opposing teams know where the ball is going to end up.

Ampadu & Wilson are the last ones to play for their clubs before the World Cup. It looks like Ethan could be playing in midfield today, after impressing his manager in both of his favoured positions.

Dan James may be involved today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Dan James may be involved today too.
    Forgot that he plays for Fulham, he doesn't feature much. Connor Roberts is playing too.

The Spezia Polish World Cup keeper just got stretchered off with a suspected broken leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Forgot that he plays for Fulham, he doesn't feature much. Connor Roberts is playing too.

The Spezia Polish World Cup keeper just got stretchered off with a suspected broken leg.
    I noticed Roberts was only a sub for Burnley when they got stuffed at Sheffield United last weekend and he was an unused sub in the derby with Blackburn today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I noticed Roberts was only a sub for Burnley when they got stuffed at Sheffield United last weekend and he was an unused sub in the derby with Blackburn today.
    He'll be nice and fresh then. Mepham also had a day off yesterday due to a suspension.

Ampadu through ball results in a goal for Spezia.

Wilson starts for Fulham, James (Wales) & Harris (England) on the bench

Wilson starts for Fulham, James (Wales) & Harris (England) on the bench
    Shame that we may have lost out on Harris.

Don't worry, I'm sure Jonniesta has got another 10 years in him

There are plenty of potential reasons to pull out other than him switching allegiances. A quick look at his social media stuff and the interviews with the FAW are so pro Wales that I find it hard to believe that he has switched, it seems there is a real affinity there. He's very highly rated and has been for a long time, he'll have had plenty of offers to represent other countries but has only played for Wales

If, and it's a big if, he has switched then it is a shame, but sh*t happens and I'd rather a squad full of committed players

There are plenty of potential reasons to pull out other than him switching allegiances. A quick look at his social media stuff and the interviews with the FAW are so pro Wales that I find it hard to believe that he has switched, it seems there is a real affinity there. He's very highly rated and has been for a long time, he'll have had plenty of offers to represent other countries but has only played for Wales

If, and it's a big if, he has switched then it is a shame, but sh*t happens and I'd rather a squad full of committed players
    I don't know about the others, but I'm just having a laugh. He's probably not going because he want's to train with Fulham and focus on making his breakthrough into their 1st team. Either that, or he's joining England

To be fair, he might just want a holiday rather than being on stand by.

Personally think Page should have capped him or taken him, not a huge risk.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    To be fair, he might just want a holiday rather than being on stand by.

Personally think Page should have capped him or taken him, not a huge risk.
    I'm not one to speculate, but I think the reason why he's staying is due to ongoing discussions regarding a potential mover to Chelsea in the January transfer window. You heard it here first!

Looks like everyone has come through the weekend unscathed. Really looking forward to seeing the team play in the finals.

Looks like everyone has come through the weekend unscathed. Really looking forward to seeing the team play in the finals.
    Who are your key men?

Who are your key men?
    We both rate Ethan Ampadu. I think he is maturing as a player and will have a big job to play in front of our defence.
    I would play Ward ahead of Hennessey because he will be full of confidence but Page won’t start him.
    Kieffer Moore has an important role to play. I would start him v USA. He gives us a presence we otherwise lack upfront.