+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are Cardiff City so crap at home?

Re: Why are Cardiff City so crap at home?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ground is far too big for us

25000 would have been fine
    The one we sold out last time we were in the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The one we sold out last time we were in the Premier League?
    Our fans desert us when we are not doing well

That may be the case for other clubs but I don't support them so I don't care

The jacks get 15000 in their ground and its a good noise

We get 15000 in our ground and its half full and a library

Everybody knows it looks crap to see so many empty seats and it's really disheartening for the players to run out to that

Now it's all very well the likes of you having some pigs in the sky dream of us getting 30000 in the Premier league but that's not the real world

19000 in a 25000 capacity ground on Saturday wouldn't have been too bad but it's obvious the ground is too big for us

If you are not prepared to accept that then you need to give your head a wobble

Ladies and gentlemen, this thread is now officially ****ed...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, this thread is now officially ****ed...
    Like all threads he gets involved in with his attention seeking hysteria.

Completely ruined the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Like all threads he gets involved in with his attention seeking hysteria.

Completely ruined the forum.
    You are a big tart , you spent 3 months slagging off morison after spending 6 months slagging off mm

Attention seeker ? Yes you are

Our fans desert us when we are not doing well

That may be the case for other clubs but I don't support them so I don't care

Everybody knows it looks crap to see so many empty seats and it's really disheartening for the players to run out to that

Now it's all very well the likes of you having some pigs in the sky dream of us getting 30000 in the Premier league but that's not the real world

19000 in a 25000 capacity ground on Saturday wouldn't have been too bad but it's obvious the ground is too big for us

If you are not prepared to accept that then you need to give your head a wobble
    With the myriad of well documented issues and problems that the club, the owners and the team currently have, I find it absolutely bizarre that we blame the size of the stadium for our current poor performances (whether that be home or away).
    The stadium should be made as big and as beautiful as is physically and financially possible. And we should be proud of it.
    On a side note, personally, I would love to see the FAW chip in with a quite a few mill to make it the real and appropriate home of Welsh football.

As indicated we need to get organised with what we have then clear the decks in the new year

You don't play your way out of trouble
    You completely avoided the question I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    With the myriad of well documented issues and problems that the club, the owners and the team currently have, I find it absolutely bizarre that we blame the size of the stadium for our current poor performances (whether that be home or away).
    The stadium should be made as big and as beautiful as is physically and financially possible. And we should be proud of it.
    On a side note, personally, I would love to see the FAW chip in with a quite a few mill to make it the real and appropriate home of Welsh football.
    Sunderland Bluebird raised the point of the stadium being too big for us as to why we are so crap at home

It's certainly a factor

It's not the main reason but it's on the list

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You completely avoided the question I asked.
    The question was why are we so crap at home followed by how do we use the players we have to play a direct approach to get out of trouble

The second question that's up to Hudson and the coach he's brought in and in the longer term new faces in the new year .....at the very least we need a physical edge

We are crap at home for a number of reasons , the main one being the complete lack of confidence that seems to run through the players and club

The atmosphere at home is dreadful and I think the poor crowds in a large stadium are definitely a factor

You are a big tart , you spent 3 months slagging off morison after spending 6 months slagging off mm

Attention seeker ? Yes you are
    I slagged off Morison for being a bully and will continue to do so. No place for his ilk in the game, especially with younger players.

MM - Nope, I supported him even though the football was crap as I could see he was hamstrung with the squad available and at least he was giving youth a go for the first time in decades.

I slagged off Morison for being a bully and will continue to do so. No place for his ilk in the game, especially with younger players.

MM - Nope, I supported him even though the football was crap as I could see he was hamstrung with the squad available and at least he was giving youth a go for the first time in decades.
    There's no evidence he was a bully - after his dismissal anyything from the players about him was positive. Maybe he upset a couple of our 'gentler' players but I seriously doubt Watters or Ojo would have turned in their recent spinless efforts under his managment.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's no evidence he was a bully - after his dismissal anyything from the players about him was positive. Maybe he upset a couple of our 'gentler' players but I seriously doubt Watters or Ojo would have turned in their recent spinless efforts under his managment.
    Nonsense. There was/is plenty of evidence. Hence why he was sacked, hence why hasn’t had a sniff of another job.

Nonsense. There was/is plenty of evidence. Hence why he was sacked, hence why hasn’t had a sniff of another job.
    But there wasn't any evidence - just a 'rumour' from 1 or 2 posters. No hint in media, press. Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    But there wasn't any evidence - just a 'rumour' from 1 or 2 posters. No hint in media, press. Absolutely nothing.
    It was mentioned on here previously a few times.

Mostly by JR.

Provide this “evidence” then.

Maybe 15k in a 20k stadium and 15k in a 35k stadium have different acoustics?

Drummers don't help.

Could always go watch the Jacks since you enjoy their atmosphere so much.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Provide this “evidence” then.

I have, on more than one occasion, with regards a young player no longer with the club.

I also dont wish to break the trust of the family of a current player but the club are more than aware of his behaviour towards certain young players still with the club.

Funny how no-one apart from a couple of "new" players come out with any support or thanks to the gaffer when he was sacked.

It would be nice. What areas would you like to see the FAW fix up?
    It won’t happen because it’s a waste of money, but I wish we’d get rid of the cladding for stone or bricks or pretty much any other material where grime and muck doesn’t show up so prominently. The stadium is less than 15 years old and has been cleaned several times yet still looks mankier than buildings that have been around for 100+ years.

I have, on more than one occasion, with regards a young player no longer with the club.

I also dont wish to break the trust of the family of a current player but the club are more than aware of his behaviour towards certain young players still with the club.

Funny how no-one apart from a couple of "new" players come out with any support or thanks to the gaffer when he was sacked.
    So is that a no on the proof or.....?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Maybe 15k in a 20k stadium and 15k in a 35k stadium have different acoustics?

Drummers don't help.

Could always go watch the Jacks since you enjoy their atmosphere so much.
    Why would I want to do that ?

I support Cardiff City

So, are we agreed that the reason we’re crap at home is that our ground is too big?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, are we agreed that the reason we’re crap at home is that our ground is too big?
    I cant believe its even been suggested. The one positive is we have a fantastic stadium all set up for PL football.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It would be nice. What areas would you like to see the FAW fix up?
    It won’t happen because it’s a waste of money, but I wish we’d get rid of the cladding for stone or bricks or pretty much any other material where grime and muck doesn’t show up so prominently. The stadium is less than 15 years old and has been cleaned several times yet still looks mankier than buildings that have been around for 100+ years.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the FAW funding the extension of the new red carbuncle over the Canton and Grange ends, thereby increasing the capacity for the Welsh games and in preparation for Tans well thought out plan that would see us playing Champions League on a regular basis. Of wait, no, sorry, it might affect the atmosphere for our current home games. Scrub that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because we are Toothless. The home form being shit probably kicked in after Warnock left (At Championship level) And whatever anyone can say about Warnock and the damage he may have caused etc, hewas never dull enough not to have match winners in his squad. Players like Hoilett, Bamba, Morrison, Zohore, Pilkington, Gunnarson, NML were are capable of getting into a position or forcing the opposition into making a mistake. Warnock was good at getting players to do that kind of thing.

What we have now are an anemic group of players, coaches and successive managers who can't seem to build a system of play at home that also incorporates a winning edge, whether that's through being aggressive off the ball, assertive and quick on it. We are as soft as shit in every respect, we don't have players who are winners, or players like the ones i mentioned above who can drag others up and almost force them to perform. There's no pressure out there.

When things aren't going right then it's the basics that matter. This might sound old fashioned and maybe it is, but where's the character, the players who want responsibility, who is prepared to fail, take risks, get a grip on games, intimidate and bully the opposition? None of them.

Yes, we are attempting to change style of play, and not before timer in my opinion. But we need some character in the team and players who believe in themselves a bit, and better managers and coaches, because we have employed utter dross. The only player out there who looks like he has the intelligence and belief to go out and play, not be intimidated etc, is o'dowda. The rest are weak, lack concentration, don't seem to possess much belief, don't have any attitude, and fold when things are going wrong. That's why we're shit. Big problems ahead for us. We don't look like winning, we haven't got the metal.
    Spot on ............. I think Kipré , Harris , Allosp are half decent with desire to win .........

I was thinking more along the lines of the FAW funding the extension of the new red carbuncle over the Canton and Grange ends, thereby increasing the capacity for the Welsh games and in preparation for Tans well thought out plan that would see us playing Champions League on a regular basis. Of wait, no, sorry, it might affect the atmosphere for our current home games. Scrub that.
    It’ll be a while before Wales needs a 60,000 capacity football stadium. We didn’t sell out any of the previous nations league games. We were playing big teams too. Belgium, Netherlands and Poland.