+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The truth about Matt Hancock

Re: The truth about Matt Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Love how when credible data is presented it’s ignored
    Oops, forgot that the ONS data only covers March-June 2020 rather than a full year. My bad but I am sure your workings have factored that in!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Oops, forgot that the ONS data only covers March-June 2020 rather than a full year. My bad but I am sure your workings have factored that in!
    If I was in your shoes, I'd probably be considering a discreet retreat. Between Musk and DeSantis, there is every chance that you will be receiving another drubbing of Russia collusion/Hunter's laptop sized proportions!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If I was in your shoes, I'd probably be considering a discreet retreat. Between Musk and DeSantis, there is every chance that you will be receiving another drubbing of Russia collusion/Hunter's laptop sized proportions!
    Look it's going to be a busy day what with the production of the perfectly formed case study and the proof to support your assertion that covid was lab manufactured.

Smiley man II can provide the goods on the 1:550000 stat.

You need to move on from endless meaningless cliches and platitudes. You can do it. I mean it looks like you have ditched Donald and jumped ship already!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How many of these “healthy people” with a 1:550,000 chance of dying exist in the UK?

2/3rds of adults are considered overweight or obese in the UK.
    Just looking at the data presented which doesn’t differentiate from overweight and obese. It’s woth reiterating (again) 2020 data was before vaccination rollout

Clearly Covid was minimal risk to healthy people which is the whole justification of the original thread.

With regards to 2/3rds of adults being overweight and obese why were fitness establishments closed and fast food joints open ?

Where was the drive to fitness and well-being and healthy eating ? Instead they locked these people away.

Just stating facts.

I mean it looks like you have ditched Donald and jumped ship already!
    I never was on any ship, just exposing the Lardy & Cyril BS for the public good!

Just looking at the data presented which doesn’t differentiate from overweight and obese. It’s woth reiterating (again) 2020 data was before vaccination rollout

Clearly Covid was minimal risk to healthy people which is the whole justification of the original thread.

With regards to 2/3rds of adults being overweight and obese why were fitness establishments closed and fast food joints open ?

Where was the drive to fitness and well-being and healthy eating ? Instead they locked these people away.

Just stating facts.
    I can't wait for the climate shenanigans to kick in, the same people are going to be all over it.

And I’m asking what is counted as “healthy”?

How many people in the UK had this 1 in 550,000 chance of dying? Was it 30million people? Or 5million? Or 300,000?

It’s not as high as 550,000 as the data was not for a calendar year, as pointed out by Cyril , that said deaths involved “just Covid” is very low considering the measures undertaken and excess deaths not involving Covid will far outweigh the lives saved during lockdown

Excess deaths continue to rise - In the past 28 weeks we have had 15,195 more deaths than we would expect for the time of year if the chance of dying was the same as pre-pandemic.
    https://twitter.com/statsjamie/statu...3fpwSaYgoYdmZg

This link may be of better use

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...eviousReleases

It’s not as high as 550,000 as the data was not for a calendar year, as pointed out by Cyril , that said deaths involved “just Covid” is very low considering the measures undertaken and excess deaths not involving Covid will far outweigh the lives saved during lockdown

Excess deaths continue to rise - In the past 28 weeks we have had 15,195 more deaths than we would expect for the time of year if the chance of dying was the same as pre-pandemic.
    https://twitter.com/statsjamie/statu...3fpwSaYgoYdmZg

This link may be of better use

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...eviousReleases
    So apart from the timeframe, the use of the wrong comparative populations, the failure to factor in the impact of preventative measures and the erroneous comparison with deaths by dog mauling we clearly don't understand data.

Still you got a big smiley from your chum so its all been worth it I suppose!

So apart from the timeframe, the use of the wrong comparative populations, the failure to factor in the impact of preventative measures and the erroneous comparison with deaths by dog mauling we clearly don't understand data.

Still you got a big smiley from your chum so its all been worth it I suppose!
    I misread the data as I was on a cell phone , furthermore, even when the data is corrected , it’s still extremely low risk, and if you manipulate the dog death data , you’re still more at risk from a dog attack, which must be horrific.

Now, I appreciate you probably in the higher risk group, but I’m not and neither are millions of others.

If anything like this happens again, I doubt they will do the same, however
    no doubt, there will be selfish people, ( in my opinion ) who advocate it.

What’s you view on the links posted from Twitter , (excess deaths)I think it’s extremely worrying ?

I misread the data as I was on a cell phone , furthermore, even when the data is corrected , it’s still extremely low risk, and if you manipulate the dog death data , you’re still more at risk from a dog attack, which must be horrific.

Now, I appreciate you probably in the higher risk group, but I’m not and neither are millions of others.

What’s you view on the links posted from Twitter , (excess deaths)I think it’s extremely worrying ?
    How can someone be completely blasé about covid deaths and yet extremely worried about excess deaths?

Reading through that twitter thread, it looks like the author is blaming the state of the healthcare service for the increase.

What I like about the pandemic diaries they are actual facts and give us much need insight

Royalties from this book are going to NHS charities, which I suppose is a gesture.’

Wonder how many of us would have done a better job and had a secret snog in the office ??

I think the man was used as useful patsy , and folks love to have a go at those in society who have an nasty view of unappealing personalities like him .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How can someone be completely blasé about covid deaths and yet extremely worried about excess deaths?
    I’m not blasé at all, I’ve always said the policy should have been to provide protection to the vulnerable.

In conclusion, that’s the policy they should have taken in this country

It's like you can't stop digging. According to this two people were killed by dogs in the whole of 2020. Talk us through how you got to the relative risk calculation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Kingdom

On the excess deaths, as Lardy points out these are likely to be the same people with underlying conditions who you would have happily quarantined. The same people who would have found it far more difficult to access planned or acute medical treatment if more and more "healthy" people began clogging up the health system because for every dead "healthy" person there would be x times more requiring hospital treatment before recovering.

It's like you can't stop digging. According to this two people were killed by dogs in the whole of 2020. Talk us through how you got to the relative risk calculation?
    Who let the dogs out?

On the excess deaths, as Lardy points out these are likely to be the same people with underlying conditions who you would have happily quarantined. The same people who would have found it far more difficult to access planned or acute medical treatment if more and more "healthy" people began clogging up the health system because for every dead "healthy" person there would be x times more requiring hospital treatment before recovering.
    Which was the entire point of lockdowns, vaccines and masks, and now we've come full circle.

I’m not blasé at all, I’ve always said the policy should have been to provide protection to the vulnerable.

In conclusion, that’s the policy they should have taken in this country
    Most people would agree , one of my grandchildren has had big problems adapting to high school , he wants to say in not go out he is a change lad ,he was a good achiever before Covid ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What I like about the pandemic diaries they are actual facts and give us much need insight

Royalties from this book are going to NHS charities, which I suppose is a gesture.’

Wonder how many of us would have done a better job and had a secret snog in the office ??

I think the man was used as useful patsy , and folks love to have a go at those in society who have an nasty view of unappealing personalities like him .
    Well done you for buying it and digesting it so quickly. Which actual facts were you most impressed by?

Great to see that you share the same views on royalties as Katherine Forster of GB News.

'His royalties from this book are going to NHS charities, which I suppose is a gesture.' GB News Political Reporter, Katherine Forster, .

Not sure on the secret snog point. Perhaps the more circumspect would have looked for security cameras first.

If I understand your last point. There are folk who like nothing more than calling out those who dislike unappealing people. I hold my hand up to disliking unappealing people so where do you stand on the people who call me out because of it?

Wikipedia, that’s fully paid up by the narrative pushers my friend. Excess deaths appear to be in the non risk groups.

Have a listen to this
    https://twitter.com/talktv/status/15...UorTUVk0j640Dg

Wikipedia, that’s fully paid up by the narrative pushers my friend. Excess deaths appear to be in the non risk groups.

Have a listen to this
    https://twitter.com/talktv/status/15...UorTUVk0j640Dg
    You have an alternative source showing thousands of deaths in 2020 as a result of dangerous dogs. Feel free to share.

Please the dog comparison has to stop.🤣🤣🤣

You have an alternative source showing thousands of deaths in 2020 as a result of dangerous dogs. Feel free to share.
    You know what I mean , granted it wasn’t the best comparison, but a healthy person has more risks of dying from many obscure accidents than Covid, the ONS data is clear on that

Seen the latest debate in Parliament?

Ignored the debate on talk radio I see

You know what I mean , granted it wasn’t the best comparison, but a healthy person has more risks of dying from many obscure accidents than Covid, the ONS data is clear on that

Seen the latest debate in Parliament?

Ignored the debate on talk radio I see
    Perhaps if you weren't too busy ridiculing people for failing to understand data and statistics whilst clearly doing so yourself you may have had a more sensible discussion.

Anyway. On the subject of statistics there is an excellent weekly synopsis of excess deaths here. It tracks the path from the outbreak of covid to the present.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...Y2NiIsImMiOjh9

You can use the drop down features to analyse by age, region, type of disease etc. Could come in really handy next time you want to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Here's someone else who has read the Hancock stocking-filler from cover to cover:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...arvellous-i-am

It's a better review!

Digested read, digested: The Secret Diary of Door Matt Hancock, Aged 42¾