+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours..

Re: Manager rumours..

Valery Ismael being linked quite strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Not one I thought of but a lot better than a lot on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not one I thought of but a lot better than a lot on the list.
    Ignore - just seen he was sacked in Octover

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A quick google suggests he's still in contract?
    I thought he got sacked and Dave Whitehead and the new fitness coach left at the same time.

[Edit]
    A quick Google confirms this

Yet more bloody long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yet more bloody long ball.
    Last I saw of him was this time last year when he instigated a brawl at the end of our match at West Brom. As you say his style of play is very direct and physical. It said something that my West Brom supporting mate was glad to see him replaced by Steve Bruce!

Interesting bit on Wikipedia that he was sacked from a Greek side after one game after falling out with the President of the club. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Last I saw of him was this time last year when he instigated a brawl at the end of our match at West Brom. As you say his style of play is very direct and physical. It said something that my West Brom supporting mate was glad to see him replaced by Steve Bruce!

Interesting bit on Wikipedia that he was sacked from a Greek side after one game after falling out with the President of the club. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.
    was he going for Mark Hudson iirc?

His "bad spell" at WBA had them 5th. I'd take him here, no questions. Played young players, and he's used to working with dreadful owners

Our squad is better suited to playing Ismael's style rather than anything Morison and Hudson was trying to do.

Just been looking at Ismael's record. This is how Wikipedia describes his time at Wolfsburg:

"First-team head coach Dieter Hecking was sacked on 17 October 2016 and was replaced by Ismaël on an interim basis. In his first four games in charge, Wolfsburg managed to win twice. Ismaël was promoted from interim coach to permanent head coach on 7 November 2016. Ismaël was sacked on 26 February 2017."

Sounds awfully familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Just been looking at Ismael's record. This is how Wikipedia describes his time at Wolfsburg:

"First-team head coach Dieter Hecking was sacked on 17 October 2016 and was replaced by Ismaël on an interim basis. In his first four games in charge, Wolfsburg managed to win twice. Ismaël was promoted from interim coach to permanent head coach on 7 November 2016. Ismaël was sacked on 26 February 2017."

Still, i'd think he's a better fit than Warnock

As much as I loved Warnock here, I'm not sure this team is right for him. We could bring in a few journeymen of his choice, stay up but then be in the same situation next year with players on our books that just don't fit.

Not my choice but it's my expectation...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

I think the most games he's managed at any club is 50 and he hasn't survived any more than just over a year at any of them.
    If he is appointed then he'll be gone at the end of the season if we are relegated and early next season if we survive.

Who is the Wrexham Manager???? (a rhetorical question.....)

Steve Bruce down the Vale.
    Allegedly

Allegedly
    Is he having a drink with Neil and Sol??

What does ‘strongly linked’ actually mean, though? You’ve already suggested Manning and Ismael are strongly linked with the job in this thread. So does it just mean you’ve read an internet report that mentions them?

Allegedly
    Where's that one come from?
    God help us if Bruce comes here!
    Top player, but really not a good manager at all.

Allegedly
    A fake Glen Williams twitter account seems to be the only person peddling this on twitter. Surely Tan & Co aren't that ****ing stupid to appoint him

On second thoughts they are. Welcome Brucey!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    A fake Glen Williams twitter account seems to be the only person peddling this on twitter. Surely Tan & Co aren't that ****ing stupid to appoint him

On second thoughts they are. Welcome Brucey!
    We'll have Steve McClaren doing a taffy accent next.

The betting odds have Warnock 1-2 and we know hes not coming. Ismael is now 4-1. The market suggests there are no strong links and we are just seeing flurries of bets following internet rumours and markets reacting.

The likelihood is they havent a clue who to appoint.

If Ismael is out of work he could be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What does ‘strongly linked’ actually mean, though? You’ve already suggested Manning and Ismael are strongly linked with the job in this thread. So does it just mean you’ve read an internet report that mentions them?
    Oh come on TLG. You know I get most of this stuff off twitter.
    I enjoy the speculation. I am sure you do as well.

Oh come on TLG. You know I get most of this stuff off twitter.
    I enjoy the speculation. I am sure you do as well.
    Not really. I remember when Russell Slade was ‘strongly linked’. I was on holiday in Spain at the time and thought that must have been a piss-take, so I didn’t bother reading any more rumours. Got home a week later and discovered they’d actually given Slade the job. At least that one was kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Still, i'd think he's a better fit than Warnock

As much as I loved Warnock here, I'm not sure this team is right for him. We could bring in a few journeymen of his choice, stay up but then be in the same situation next year with players on our books that just don't fit.
    Warnock also took over a good Championship squad that was underperforming, that's not the case with this lot

Morrison, Manga, Peltier, Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson and Zohore were already here and would go on to be important players for Warnock. Not forgetting someone like Pilkington who popped up with important goals

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Depends what you read but the Leeds manager mentioned him and this was picked up by wol (or wez on the other board depending on who had the scoop first) so all good reliable sources 😂😂

At the risk of offending anyone on here, the latest rumour places Bruce taking training today.
    Even I dont believe that one. 😜