+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New fitness coach

New fitness coach

PJ Wilson, who only joined in the summer, has left. Wonder what's happened there. Replaced by Jonny Northeast.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ansea-25996540

Re: New fitness coach

I would say maybe the club are cleaning house but seems a bit odd they've appointed someone if that was the case.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    PJ Wilson, who only joined in the summer, has left. Wonder what's happened there. Replaced by Jonny Northeast.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ansea-25996540
    Wasn't the old one a rugby coach, the players don't look very fit to be fair, maybe he was unsuited to the job.

Great... Ex-swansea fitness bloke who they got shot of as he wasn't considered good enough!

There was a big club media splash when PJ was appointed. But when he left and was replaced…. Not a squeak.

Communication was rarely good - but it has got much worse recently.

Anyway, good luck to the new guy. We need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Great... Ex-swansea fitness bloke who they got shot of as he wasn't considered good enough!
    He was at the Jacks for 7 years, then went to DC United, USA, Barnsley, WBA and Besiktas. I'd say that's a decent CV rather than PJ Wilson's rugby career. Rugby and football are very different sports.

Hopefully he's got a trick or two for dealing with the dreaded growth spurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was at the Jacks for 7 years, then went to DC United, USA, Barnsley, WBA and Besiktas. I'd say that's a decent CV rather than PJ Wilson's rugby career. Rugby and football are very different sports.
    How long he was in the job is completely irrelevant. They decided to get rid of him as he clearly wasn't considered to be the right man for the job.
    He's failed to hold down a position for any length of time since by the looks of it too.

How long he was in the job is completely irrelevant. They decided to get rid of him as he clearly wasn't considered to be the right man for the job.
    He's failed to hold down a position for any length of time since by the looks of it too.
    it's difficult to find anyone in football who hasn't been replaced in their position at some point

How long he was there has everything to do with it. It means he was good enough to do it at a Premier League side for 6 seasons. He is also seen good enough by Ismael who has taken him to his last 3 jobs.

How long he was there has everything to do with it. It means he was good enough to do it at a Premier League side for 6 seasons. He is also seen good enough by Ismael who has taken him to his last 3 jobs.
    Do you want Ismael here?

Do you want Ismael here?
    We’ll most probably end up with Moby Dick

Do you want Ismael here?
    We’ve been linked with far worse, and I think our squad is better suited to what he would try to do instead of what Morison was trying

Johnny Northeast now 40-1 odds for next manager.

What you're missing is that Dean Whitehead also worked with Ismael at Besiktas.

If PJ Wilson was our fitness coach I'd say he badly underestimated the fitness needed in players who play at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If PJ Wilson was our fitness coach I'd say he badly underestimated the fitness needed in players who play at Championship level.
    the fitness needed for football and rugby are massively different.
    you could not be 18-20 stone and play 90 minutes of football

Has our fitness been that much of an issue?