+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not sure whose fault that is. If he isn't fit he isn't fit.

When he does play though he doesn't look head and shoulder above the rest of the squad as Robinson does. The stats more than back this up.
    Nonsense. Robinson scored a couple of consolation goals, head and shoulders he is not. He got hooked at Blackburn recently for giving the ball away every time he had it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't get rid of Nelson

Abysmal..

For those fans who went,City should fund their next outing for free.. as compensation and a provide written apology..

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Nobody is slating him.

I don't see the hype that's all. Some people see a future star. I think at 21, if he is that good, he should be producing more. I just see a potentially solid Championship player.
    I don't think he is anywhere near the standard of Robinson if we are picking a number 10 to build the team around.
    LOL

You’re making Robinson sound like prime Tomlin. He’s not even a 10 starters.

Stick to slagging off Tan you clearly haven’t got a clue about the actual football.

In a way I am glad we got thumped. If we had put in a decent performance I am sure Tan and Dalman would have given Whitehead a 2 year contract by Saturday.
    Unless they accept that Cardiff are strong contenders for division one next season, then they MUST LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES and get a decent manager in quickly - not in 3/4 weeks time

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

1. They are different positions

2. When Robinson was Colwills age he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Bristol City

3. To compare a 27 year old senior pro with a 20 year old just breaking through is utterly laughable
    For all the praise of Colwill and talk of him being this great superstar, Aaron Ramsey had been at Arsenal for 2 seasons by the time he was Colwill's current age.

I'm certain every City fan wants Colwill to do well. We'd love a great player to come from within our ranks, Rambo was the last in reality. While it's true that Colwill being in a dreadful City team doesn't help Colwill, I don't see much from him when he has opportunities either.

I genuinely don't know what to make of Colwill. Undoubtedly has some talent, he's shown that previously, but something isn't right at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Abysmal..

For those fans who went,City should fund their next outing for free.. as compensation and a provide written apology..
    Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For all the praise of Colwill and talk of him being this great superstar, Aaron Ramsey had been at Arsenal for 2 seasons by the time he was Colwill's current age.

I'm certain every City fan wants Colwill to do well. We'd love a great player to come from within our ranks, Rambo was the last in reality. While it's true that Colwill being in a dreadful City team doesn't help Colwill, I don't see much from him when he has opportunities either.

I genuinely don't know what to make of Colwill. Undoubtedly has some talent, he's shown that previously, but something isn't right at the moment.
    You either understand football or you don’t. Eric stick to the numbers fella.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse set of Wales Online markings as these.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...leeds-26013777

I understand that he's not getting in the side this season and his performances when he's been there haven't warranted his inclusion. As I said, something isn't right at the moment. Perhaps you could shed some light on this, seeing as you understand football.

LOL

1. They are different positions

2. When Robinson was Colwills age he had an unsuccessful loan spell at Bristol City

3. To compare a 27 year old senior pro with a 20 year old just breaking through is utterly laughable
    They are in different positions at the moment, yes. If you think Colwill is a winger then you're more convinced than me.

6 years ago Robinson was scoring one in four for Preston.

We will see. I've had similar arguments about players and have got some wrong and some right. Rabbi Matondo being one off the top of my head.

I don't think Colwill, who is almost 21, as the player we should without doubt be building a squad around. We will see if he breaks through and shows he is easily one of the better players. In this squad it shouldn't be hard. Robinson looks streets ahead of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Abysmal..

They went on their own accord, probably because they enjoy it, you know, with friends, having a drink and some food etc.

LOL

Stick to slagging off Tan you clearly haven’t got a clue about the actual football.
    That's the problem though.

In terms of producing moments of quality in comparison with Colwill he is.
    He has 5 times more assists than Colwill in a third of the games he has featured in for City.

As for not having a clue, if you don't think Robinson has way much more by way of quality and final product you don't know football as much as you think you do.

One got praised tonight for not giving the ball away and touching it about 4 times. The other came on and actually scored a couple. Different levels

Come on then Mr Football Knowledge, if he has some much quality why does he only have one assist in all the games he's featured in for City?

Educate me oh knowledgeable one.

Ahh ..come on! let's not bicker and ague about who is worse than who

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse set of Wales Online markings as these.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...leeds-26013777
    Utter tosh. Nelson was a 6 and Robinson scored two goals so was at least a 7

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, please, please, please, NEVER PUT OJO IN A CITY SHIRT AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, please, please, please, NEVER PUT OJO IN A CITY SHIRT AGAIN
    Walesonlines man of the match.

To be fair on a shocking night I wouldnt argue.

Ojo id give a 5 or 6 tonight which probably does make him man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I understand that he's not getting in the side this season and his performances when he's been there haven't warranted his inclusion. As I said, something isn't right at the moment. Perhaps you could shed some light on this, seeing as you understand football.
    Yes he's been injured on and off all season and isn't match fit

You can't get a cheetah to run with only 2 legs

Isaak Davies when fully fit could be our saviour this season looks the only player who will supply Robinson with enough chances to get us out of the bottom half.
    O'Dowda on the otherside but not playing left back and I think possibly we could create/score enough goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They went on their own accord, probably because they enjoy it, you know, with friends, having a drink and some food etc.
    Football was shit but on the way home now and it was a laugh. Ish.

Jack Simpson is one of the worst players we've had in 2 decades. Sawyers is God awful. His legs have packed up and walked off. Bagan and Sang are miles off the level required. Etete works hard but is crap. Alnwick flaps and can't kick. Nelson wasn't awful. That's about it. Oh and VAR in the stadium is a miserable experience so the main positive is that we won't have that in League One. Tonight the basics weren't done, it was embarassing. They're a truly dreadful set of players.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes he's been injured on and off all season and isn't match fit

You can't get a cheetah to run with only 2 legs
    So he shouldn't be playing then. That's bad management.

LOL

Tomlin's best season at City. 36 games, 9 goals, 10 assists.

Robinson this season. 17 games, 6 goals, 5 assists

In your own words. You either know football or you don't.

Who the hell is having a go at Colwill when Sawyers and Simpson were on the on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who the hell is having a go at Colwill when Sawyers and Simpson were on the on the pitch?
    Nobody is having a go at him.
    This isn't who is the worst player on the pitch. He clearly wasn't. I just don't see the hype. There is a difference between picking the worst, the best and a player some have said we should build a team around.

People rate him highly. Fair enough.
    He needs to start producing though and very soon if he is going to be a shining light in this City team. At the minute he isn't much above the complete dross just below him.