+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nelson to Blackpool?

Re: Nelson to Blackpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    probably one of our biggest earners….
    What makes you think that? Free transfer from Oxford, contract extension while Neil Harris was manager. One of the biggest earners? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Stick some sabbath in your ears if it's a nil nil Longball game
    She only opened the scoring but Cardiff City replied with 2 goals and are leading 2-1 at HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    She only opened the scoring but Cardiff City replied with 2 goals and are leading 2-1 at HT.
    If the score stays the same leave 5 minutes before the end and ambush them at central

Free donkey rides thrown in .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What makes you think that? Free transfer from Oxford, contract extension while Neil Harris was manager. One of the biggest earners? I doubt it.
    On relation to some he would have been if he was on more than 12 k it was too much compared to the youngsters coming through.

Probably compared to the likes of NG, McGuiness, Simpson, Denham.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Even if it strengthens a relegation rival though?
    If he's not good enough for us in a relegation battle, why would he be good enough for Blackpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If he's not good enough for us in a relegation battle, why would he be good enough for Blackpool?
    he has his strengths, Mick's football will probably suit him more than here

of court it's just speculation, but he was signed by Warnock at the time we had a load of premier League money washing around, and signed an extension a year later when he was very much in the first team.

So far this window we've brought in a player who -currently at least - is not suitable for the tough battle ahead, and got rid on someone who's proven will put his body on the line in the most adverse conditions, despite not being the most gifted player. 3 days to go and we've actually weakened our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    So far this window we've brought in a player who -currently at least - is not suitable for the tough battle ahead, and got rid on someone who's proven will put his body on the line in the most adverse conditions, despite not being the most gifted player. 3 days to go and we've actually weakened our squad.
    No its not weve got Maguiness back. Id say we are stronger. No change to creativity or sticking the ball in the net though.

Nelson and Whyte are the last of Warnock’s signings.
    I do remember reading somewhere that he was (relatively) on a whack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Nelson and Whyte are the last of Warnock’s signings.
    I do remember reading somewhere that he was (relatively) on a whack.
    Warnock probably made a whack out of them. There's no other logical reason we signed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I’m not sure of the logic here. I guess he’s on a much higher wage than he’s getting at Blackpool but I thought they’d have paid a fee. He’s a better CB than Simpson and Ng for me

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’m not sure of the logic here. I guess he’s on a much higher wage than he’s getting at Blackpool but I thought they’d have paid a fee. He’s a better CB than Simpson and Ng for me
    Supposedly on £14k a week. It does seem odd to get nothing for him. Even just £100k or something.

Supposedly on £14k a week. It does seem odd to get nothing for him. Even just £100k or something.
    He started our last game! We’ve paid him to leave, as well. It’s a bit of a head scratcher

He started our last game! We’ve paid him to leave, as well. It’s a bit of a head scratcher
    How do you know we paid him to leave?

Really? I'm far happier with Ng at the back than Nelson. Nelson is far too error prone and was costing us goals earlier in the season. League 1 player at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? I'm far happier with Ng at the back than Nelson. Nelson is far too error prone and was costing us goals earlier in the season. League 1 player at best.
    Totally agree, I really like NG at CB personally. So that makes Nelson 4th choice.

Why haggle over £100K (which you wouldn’t get) when you can potentially save yourself £350K in wages for a player that might not get another game between now and June?

A double whammy in our favour here. We are now more likely to stay up and and Blackpool are much more likely to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why haggle over £100K (which you wouldn’t get) when you can potentially save yourself £350K in wages for a player that might not get another game between now and June?
    It's reasonably common practice that a player will get the difference between his Cardiff wage and his new Blackpool one until his old contract would run out as compensation for early termination. For arguments sake if he's now on 8k that would be roughly £125k. Either way it's probably a net saving for us on wages

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A double whammy in our favour here. We are now more likely to stay up and and Blackpool are much more likely to go down.
    100% well done to the club. Get rid of dead wood

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Are you daring to suggest Nelson was a poor signing by Warnock?