+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Allsop

Allsop

Time for Alnwick to start I reckon. I’ve never been a fan of Allsop and after yesterday I’m convinced he needs to step down. His hesitation for their second was crucial, where I sit we had a perfect perspective of the distance from the ball that he and their player had. He was closer, it was 60/40 in his favour with the ball travelling towards him. He bloody stopped and checked his run instead of carrying on and clearing it. Terrible judgement. His Beckenbauer like play, which he isn’t too clever at, also grates on me. Concentrate on keeping the ball out of the net, that’s your prime objective.

Re: Allsop

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Time for Alnwick to start I reckon. I’ve never been a fan of Allsop and after yesterday I’m convinced he needs to step down. His hesitation for their second was crucial, where I sit we had a perfect perspective of the distance from the ball that he and their player had. He was closer, it was 60/40 in his favour with the ball travelling towards him. He bloody stopped and checked his run instead of carrying on and clearing it. Terrible judgement. His Beckenbauer like play, which he isn’t too clever at, also grates on me. Concentrate on keeping the ball out of the net, that’s your prime objective.
    He was brought in under Morison as a 'Footballing' type of goalkeeper. I didn't really know anything about him, although one of his strengths is the ball at his feet, which sort of feels like Morison had plans to build play, with a keeper who was comfortable in possession. That's out of the window now though. What a mess!

Not for the first time, I found myself thinking a half an hour into the game that our keeper had hit our best pass so far. However, Allsop has spent most of his career in the lower divisions and there has to be a reason for that. I’m no expert, but he has always seemed un athletic and heavy limbed to me. I think that showed with the second goal, but d keep him in the team - I’ve not been over impressed by Alnwick so far and, besides his ability on the ball, Allsop can get an awful lot of distance on his kicks out of hand if we are going to play a more direct game.

Awful keeper.

Not sure why Alnwick hasn't been given a go. Imagine coming here as the new keeper then Allsop arriving after you and keeping you our of the team.

Jesus.

Maddening.
    When was the last time Cardiff had a dodgy keeper? 07/08 when we had Enckleman for half a season?

Just seen the goals, absolutely shocking keeping for the second and reckon he made the wrong decision for the third as well. In terms of everything except with the ball at his feet he's very poor for me, worst keeper we've had in a very long time IMO.

Don't think he's anywhere near our biggest issue. He might not be the best keeper we have but I'm not sure we benefit from a change. If anything it may cause uncertainly in the defence, because if nothing else they trust that he can deal with a tricky back pass.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Maddening.
    When was the last time Cardiff had a dodgy keeper? 07/08 when we had Enckleman for half a season?
    At one hell of a cost......

It's no surprise he's going for a hat trick of consecutive relegations. Primarily a keeper needs to keep the opposition out.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Don't think he's anywhere near our biggest issue. He might not be the best keeper we have but I'm not sure we benefit from a change. If anything it may cause uncertainly in the defence, because if nothing else they trust that he can deal with a tricky back pass.
    He's adequate

It's midfield and up front where we are complete gash

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Maddening.
    Enckelman replaced Turnbull, who was incredibly bad. Oakes wasn't awful but he was well past his best.

Re Allsop, he can play but he doesn't save anything. Alnwick is really flappy, I don't think either are upgrades over Phillips. He's really slow to move and isn't very agile. As TOBW says, there's a reason he's been a lower league keeper for most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    It's no surprise he's going for a hat trick of consecutive relegations. Primarily a keeper needs to keep the opposition out.
    We've conceded 36 goals all season, less than a lot of sides above us and the same as Middlesboro, the team in third.

Clearly, the reason for our league position is our goalkeeper.

A lack of goals is of course totally meaningless, we should be relying on clean sheets and forcing opposition own goals - clearly it's the tactic of the future.

By far the worst team in the division going forward but yea it's the keeper.

Even yesterday there are a number of players to point the finger at before the gk. Like our absolute shit attack, powderpuff midfield and yesterday quite limp defence. Chasing shadows first half.

He's adequate and competent enough, not the best shot stopper we've seen, not the worst.

As said was brought in partially for his ability to distribute which we now seem to have gotten rid of completely.

He’s not the best, don’t think he’s as bad as some have said, I think our issues are elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    We've conceded 36 goals all season, less than a lot of sides above us and the same as Middlesboro, the team in third.

Clearly, the reason for our league position is our goalkeeper.

A lack of goals is of course totally meaningless, we should be relying on clean sheets and forcing opposition own goals - clearly it's the tactic of the future.
    Logic doesn't dictate that a good defensive record can't be improved

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Logic doesn't dictate that a good defensive record can't be improved
    A really dumb point given 0-0 results won't keep us up, especially with 3 points for a win.

Under Lamouchi, we've scored 1 in 3 games. A goal caused by a Boro defensive mistake, which Robinson capitalised on.