+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What formation do we need to play to get our better players on the pitch?

What formation do we need to play to get our better players on the pitch?

I understand Lamouchi came here and it wasn't his intention to pick a formation and just put players into it and hope it would work.

I thought the intention was to pick our best team and move to a formation that suits the players.

So what do we need to play? We have a threat with players such as Davies and Philogene. Robinson and either one of the big strikers offer a threat. We have O'Dowda and on his day Romeo capable of being a threat. We seem to seen 3 in midfield to stop being over run, usually I'd say to only do this against the better teams and "have a go" at the lesser teams, but we're shit, so we need 3 at all times.

So far I've got a winger and a right back, three central midfielders, a striker and a second striker along with another winger/striker in Davies.

So how do we line up and get the best out of what we've got?

Re: What formation do we need to play to get our better players on the pitch?

Play, Bagan and get ODowda up the field. Get Davies in the team as he’s better than Etete. 12 ft tall and can’t head the ball.

I think the formation is okay, we just need more intensity and players that have that moment of brilliance in them.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Play, Bagan and get ODowda up the field. Get Davies in the team as he’s better than Etete. 12 ft tall and can’t head the ball.

I think the formation is okay, we just need more intensity and players that have that moment of brilliance in them.
    Tall doesn't mean he needs to be an aerial master, I think he will turn out hlto be a decent player. Davies is a different type of player altogether.

I think our issues yesterday came from being under manned in the midfield. They cut through us with ease. Only my opinion, but I'm not sure how being more intense gives you the extra missing man in the middle.

Kipre is tall and can't direct a header...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Tall doesn't mean he needs to be an aerial master, I think he will turn out hlto be a decent player. Davies is a different type of player altogether.

I think our issues yesterday came from being under manned in the midfield. They cut through us with ease. Only my opinion, but I'm not sure how being more intense gives you the extra missing man in the middle.

Kipre is tall and can't direct a header...
    Etete can’t do Fck all apart from be tall and header. Like Bambi on ice

One that incorporates 12 players

4-2-3-1

International

4 - 4 - 4 might help but somehow I doubt it!