+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For those of you who moan about the football

SuperBluebirds91

For those of you who moan about the football

I was in my 30’s when 3 and a half years ago I became unwell. Too ill to really leave the house for anymore than appointments and an occasional trip out on my mobility scooter. Everyday is a huge challenge just to get through the day. I used to attend all home matches and quite a few away matches prior to becoming unwell and a longtime supporter of Cardiff city fc! I would do anything to be able to get back to watch a match but it’s just too much for me - even with help I just don’t think I could do it at the moment - not for perhaps forever. It’s the one thing that was main hobby and I feel like it’s been taken from me. Before I go on, I’m not looking for sympathy etc - just wanted to explain the background. I also know there’s people out there who are worse and with terminal illnesses and that’s always in my mind. I miss watching the city so much though, I could cry. I was quite obsessed before and still am when I have the energy! Anyway I suppose what I wanted to say was that yes I want to see them win and do well, of course I do. I don’t want to see them relegated but to be honest if I could go to one match, I couldn’t care less if they won or lost. I couldn’t even care if it was a hammering from Swansea. I couldn’t care less if we were bottom or league one but to be able to watch a match is my dream and one day I am determined to get back. Before anyone moans when we next lose (which I am sure will be very soon) please remember atleast you got to go and watch them. I rather watch a rubbish team live, than no team at all.

Re: For those of you who moan about the football

I can fully empathise with you although slightly more bearable for me as I'm in my early 60's so have had 50 odd years of match attending to look fondly back on.

When it's a physical or mental struggle to attend it really saps any enjoyment out of the event and, for the first time, the quality of the football on display becomes a factor. Something I never thought of, even in some very dark seasons!

Like you I hope to attend again and your post is a good reminder to others to enjoy the moment, however crap we are.

Good luck to you and I hope you get to the CCS again.

'Live' football is what it's all about for me. Recovering from op. so may not be there tomorrow but if I can, I will. However, I reserve the right to cuss, shout, laugh whatever emotion comes my way during the game. It's a great outlet for 90 minutes when you can let yourself go full pelt !

I am sorry for those of you who are ill and can't attend, I don't atrend but not because of my own illness.
    The thing is the game is there for a release from shitty reality, so people with their own real life problems enjoy the weekend release of football, it's an escape from reality.

I wish you and Claude the best, but people will go to football and they will come on to message boards and social media platforms and moan until their fingers get bored of bashing, if that's what they chose to do, as it's a part of their own release in life

International

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I was in my 30’s when 3 and a half years ago I became unwell. Too ill to really leave the house for anymore than appointments and an occasional trip out on my mobility scooter. Everyday is a huge challenge just to get through the day. I used to attend all home matches and quite a few away matches prior to becoming unwell and a longtime supporter of Cardiff city fc! I would do anything to be able to get back to watch a match but it’s just too much for me - even with help I just don’t think I could do it at the moment - not for perhaps forever. It’s the one thing that was main hobby and I feel like it’s been taken from me. Before I go on, I’m not looking for sympathy etc - just wanted to explain the background. I also know there’s people out there who are worse and with terminal illnesses and that’s always in my mind. I miss watching the city so much though, I could cry. I was quite obsessed before and still am when I have the energy! Anyway I suppose what I wanted to say was that yes I want to see them win and do well, of course I do. I don’t want to see them relegated but to be honest if I could go to one match, I couldn’t care less if they won or lost. I couldn’t even care if it was a hammering from Swansea. I couldn’t care less if we were bottom or league one but to be able to watch a match is my dream and one day I am determined to get back. Before anyone moans when we next lose (which I am sure will be very soon) please remember atleast you got to go and watch them. I rather watch a rubbish team live, than no team at all.
    Good attitude, you will make it back keeping working towards it

Hopefully you still get to watch the games on TV?

All the best to you SuperBluebirds.
    I hope that you get to a point where you can attend again.
    In the meantime, while not the same...I hope that you can at least enjoy coverage on TV.

Take Care!!

SuperBluebirds91

Thanks for your replies and sorry to hear some of you are also in a similar boat. I never imagined I’d would be in this situation with my health and not be able go - as someone said above there’s nothing like a live match. Despite it being very exhausting for me, I have been able to watch some on TV which was nice. My family reckon it’s the reason why Cardiff are doing so bad at the mo (because I’m not there singing)! I said excuse me - I haven’t got that biggest mouth haha. But in all seriousness make the most of it when you down there to watch them cos you just never know - enjoy every moment even if it is the opposition scoring. 🙂 I am determined to return one day and hopefully along with many others that aren’t able to go at present too

Thanks for your replies and sorry to hear some of you are also in a similar boat. I never imagined I’d would be in this situation with my health and not be able go - as someone said above there’s nothing like a live match. Despite it being very exhausting for me, I have been able to watch some on TV which was nice. My family reckon it’s the reason why Cardiff are doing so bad at the mo (because I’m not there singing)! I said excuse me - I haven’t got that biggest mouth haha. But in all seriousness make the most of it when you down there to watch them cos you just never know - enjoy every moment even if it is the opposition scoring. 🙂 I am determined to return one day and hopefully along with many others that aren’t able to go at present too
    If your illness or condition is a long term thing ..or even if its temporary ....you might want to contact the disability officer at Cardiff City who might be able to help out , even if you are only able to watch from home ?

Worth a try

Ben Jones Cardiff City Disability Officer

Paul Corkery Disability Supporter Liason

I am sure that wether you have temporary or long term accessibility issues these guys can help make supporting ccfc from home or at the ground a more pleasant experience ?

SuperBluebirds91

Thanks again for your messages Ihave got in touch with the club last year and they were really helpful. The trouble is my fatigue levels go downhill quickly and the fact I’m very sensitive to noise and activity. Basically sensory overload sends me downhill really fast. I even struggle to spend time with family because more than one conversation at once is too much - the TV counts as one. So it’s really difficult but I could wear noise cancelling headphones and shades etching would help. I am absolutely determined to go and yes it’ll make me worse but hopefully worth it. Will prob be next season but I will be back ����

Thanks again for your messages Ihave got in touch with the club last year and they were really helpful. The trouble is my fatigue levels go downhill quickly and the fact I’m very sensitive to noise and activity. Basically sensory overload sends me downhill really fast. I even struggle to spend time with family because more than one conversation at once is too much - the TV counts as one. So it’s really difficult but I could wear noise cancelling headphones and shades etching would help. I am absolutely determined to go and yes it’ll make me worse but hopefully worth it. Will prob be next season but I will be back ����
    One step at a time mate