+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I nearly died last night when I realised we had scored a goal and when I realised we had scored two, I needed sedating!
    Yeah I was watching the bbc sport feed…it just said goal…..I just assumed it was brum and looked away fearing the usual. Couldn’t believe my eyes when it said it was 0:2….
    Beat Reading and we are only a few points off them and teams like QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This sums up how I saw the game Dennis (well the second half anyway).

There were some promising signs but it is important that we build on this. It is good to have 4 strikers available and playing 2 up front. Switching 2 for another 2 was a good thing to do.

How rubbish were Birmingham though?!

We also seemed to be getting the rub of the green from the ref as well….
    Are they that bad though? Just won two, beating West Brom and swansea away? Maybe we are not that bad? Just low on confidence which let’s face it can be huge in this league….look at boro

Confidence is everything. Goodness knows what was going through the players' minds as the 84th minute approached - at best another hard-fought point ? This is where managers' earn their salt. Picking the players up, instilling belief, even getting then to look forward to getting out onto the pitch. But that would have got harder - I'd say nigh impossible with another 3 or 4 games without a win by which time we'd be down to almost single figures in games remaining. I'd say a win on Friday is equally important as last night's win. Games played means we could find ourselves in the bottom 3 and that has a big psychological impact on fans/players as well. A long way off thinking about safety, but a little bit more confidence and belief going into the Reading game can make all the difference.

Re: BIRMINGHAM CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Red button match choice not showing for me??
    just a thought i had the same problem again but noticed the layout has changed from showing a list of matches , they now only show the live game but the other matches are to the right and left of it using the arrows on the remote ,select which one ,then arrow down it says select hope it helps

Troy Deeney subjected to racist abuse from home fans at the end of the match:

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport...tement-4028206

Birmingham City captain Troy Deeney was allegedly the subject of racist abuse after the full-time whistle of Blues’ 2-0 defeat to Cardiff City, a club statement has revealed.

The incident, which was witnessed by a chunk of the St Andrew’s crowd, has been referred to the relevant authorities, with the club itself assisting in an investigation.

“Troy Deeney and a number of supporters have reported hearing the 34-year-old subjected to racist abuse,” a Birmingham City club statement reads.

“The Club Captain and those inside St. Andrew’s identified this as coming from the home section of the Gil Merrick lower when players were leaving the field of play towards the players’ tunnel.

“Blues gives its full support to Troy and is appalled and saddened that yet again, one of our players is not safe from discrimination on the football pitch. There is no room for racism in the game.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Sawyers worries me, he gave the ball away a lot.
    Just seen this on Twitter:
    Romaine Sawyers vs Birmingham:

3 Chances Created
    25 Passes
    100% Successful Dribbles
    100% Tackles Won
    7 Recoveries
    1 Clearance
    1 Interception
    3 Ground Duels Won

Going under the radar…

What do I know?

He did pass straight to their player on a few occasions and im sure he almost put them in fumbling the ball into the box on the edge of the area at 1-0. Although it was a stream I could have the wrong player.

Definitely improved on previous performances though, so hopefully he keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Birmingham City captain Troy Deeney was allegedly the subject of racist abuse after the full-time whistle of Blues’ 2-0 defeat to Cardiff City, a club statement has revealed.

The incident, which was witnessed by a chunk of the St Andrew’s crowd, has been referred to the relevant authorities, with the club itself assisting in an investigation.

“Troy Deeney and a number of supporters have reported hearing the 34-year-old subjected to racist abuse,” a Birmingham City club statement reads.

“The Club Captain and those inside St. Andrew’s identified this as coming from the home section of the Gil Merrick lower when players were leaving the field of play towards the players’ tunnel.

“Blues gives its full support to Troy and is appalled and saddened that yet again, one of our players is not safe from discrimination on the football pitch. There is no room for racism in the game.”
    Not good. Comes not long after Etheridge was abused too (by a Blackburn fan).

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are they that bad though? Just won two, beating West Brom and swansea away? Maybe we are not that bad? Just low on confidence which let’s face it can be huge in this league….look at boro
    Prior to the game I watched the extended highlights of Brum beating West Brom. I thought we were in for a bit of a mauling, as thy looked excellent going forward. Well done on our defence and midfield for keeping them relatively quiet. They only looked like scoring once and then Ralls came in with that game saving tackle

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It's incredible that Birmingham City with their multi racial support have those sort of tosspots following them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's incredible that Birmingham City with their multi racial support have those sort of tosspots following them
    I doubt they would have said anything to Troy face to face either , racists cowards

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Totally this. Having worked with them for 20 years, been to games with them and spent many hours in bars, their fan base is almost a model for racial integration.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I doubt they would have said anything to Troy face to face either , racists cowards
    We have some fans like this sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Totally this. Having worked with them for 20 years, been to games with them and spent many hours in bars, their fan base is almost a model for racial integration.
    Indeed , all the more surprising to hear of this at Birmingham City

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Just seen this on Twitter:
    Romaine Sawyers vs Birmingham:

3 Chances Created
    25 Passes
    100% Successful Dribbles
    100% Tackles Won
    7 Recoveries
    1 Clearance
    1 Interception
    3 Ground Duels Won

Going under the radar…

What do I know?

He did pass straight to their player on a few occasions and im sure he almost put them in fumbling the ball into the box on the edge of the area at 1-0. Although it was a stream I could have the wrong player.

Definitely improved on previous performances though, so hopefully he keeps it up.
    Sawyers definitely lost a tackle, and there was a spell where he gave the ball away about 5 times in a row. He's playing much better but he'd be one of the first I'd look to replace in the summer.