+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Odds

Champions League Odds

Had a decent lift today after doing a Spurs, Celtic Man U treble.
    Looking to invest a bit of my gains on the CL.
    PSG are 20/1. That to me, sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Obviously they are that big, as they head into the Bayern away game 1 down after the 1st leg in Paris. Just can’t believe a team containing Mbappe and Messi can be that big a price.
    I’m sticking £40 on them. Got to be worth a shout at those odds !

Re: Champions League Odds

Wrong board mate

Big odds because they are bottlers

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wrong board mate
    A football related thread on a football message board. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If Bookies compiled CL odds on whether team were “Bottlers” Man City would be 66/1 😂

Perennial bottlers too! It's between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid IMO.

PSG are getting knocked out again as things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    PSG are getting knocked out again as things stand.
    So are Spurs.

Anyone who is disillusioned by our way of playing over the last couple of seasons should watch a replay of them tonight against Milan.

The tactics employed by Conte and the players' response will see him sweating over his future.
    They've struggled to pass the ball to a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So are Spurs.

Anyone who is disillusioned by our way of playing over the last couple of seasons should watch a replay if them tonight against Milan.

The tactics employed by Conte and the players' response will see him sweating over his future.
    This hurt to read

I spent more time looking at my phone than watching the game. It was painful.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Had a decent lift today after doing a Spurs, Celtic Man U treble.
    Looking to invest a bit of my gains on the CL.
    PSG are 20/1. That to me, sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Obviously they are that big, as they head into the Bayern away game 1 down after the 1st leg in Paris. Just can’t believe a team containing Mbappe and Messi can be that big a price.
    I’m sticking £40 on them. Got to be worth a shout at those odds !
    Errrm...... nope

Wish I'd have watched that game!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So are Spurs.

Anyone who is disillusioned by our way of playing over the last couple of seasons should watch a replay of them tonight against Milan.

They have been on a losing streak since they took Davies out of midfield!

Gotta love Glenn Hoddle. Good pundit been there and done it.

In the post mortem between Rio Ferdinand, Crouch and Hoddle, Ferdinand sniped about the performance as "a bit Spursey".

A short while later, straight faced and still on point "when you get beat 7 nil".

Brilliant 👏

They have been on a losing streak since they took Davies out of midfield!
    Unfortunately that has nothing to do with the results.

Davies at wing-back wasn't going to have any impact on the lack of firepower up front tonight.

Soul destroying performance.

I put £10 on Napoli a few months back when they were 25/1. Still a long shot but they’re in to 7/1 now. They have one of the best strikers in the world (Victor Oshimen) and are doing very well in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I put £10 on Napoli a few months back when they were 25/1. Still a long shot but they’re in to 7/1 now. They have one of the best strikers in the world (Victor Oshimen) and are doing very well in the league.
    That's a good shout.

They've got that young Georgian player too (whose name I would never be able to spell without Googling) who looks like he's got a bit of everything.

Considering that they lost (arguably) their best centre back and best centre midfielder in the summer, their meteoric rise has come as a bit of a surprise.

It's great when the likes of spurs , Liverpool, united , Chelsea, arsenal get done in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great when the likes of spurs , Liverpool, united , Chelsea, arsenal get done in Europe
    Never had you down as a Man City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Never had you down as a Man City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Chelsea are still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    That's a good shout.

They've got that young Georgian player too (whose name I would never be able to spell without Googling) who looks like he's got a bit of everything.

Considering that they lost (arguably) their best centre back and best centre midfielder in the summer, their meteoric rise has come as a bit of a surprise.
    'Richarlison hits out at Spurs over lack of playing time | 'I don't understand''

http://www.skysports.com/share/12829231

Thoughts?

'Richarlison hits out at Spurs over lack of playing time | 'I don't understand''

http://www.skysports.com/share/12829231

Thoughts?
    I can understand his frustration. Son has underperformed this season too but hasn't been left out anywhere near as much as Richarlison.

A small factor has been due to him having 2 medium-term injuries that have kept him out for a few weeks at a time.

He's been involved in a lot of games this season (whether he's started or come on as a sub) and I haven't been overly impressed. Certainly not £60 million impressed.

He hasn't scored a league goal yet and I don't remember too many assists either (not sure if he has any apart from the one he got in his infamous cameo against Forest).

After his impressive World Cup exploits, a lot of fans were expecting him to come back and help push us towards a trophy & top 4 push. He returned with an injury and has looked a shell of his former self.

We played him as a lone striker against Sheffield United and he's lucky that he wasn't pulled at half-time (that can be said for the majority of the players though to be honest).

Maybe he isn't clicking with Conte. There have been murmurs of a falling out but nothing concrete. The ironic thing is that he should be a prototypical Conte player.

Strong, fast, bags of energy and workrate and is an expert in the dark arts.

For whatever reason, it isn't working out for him this season - but, the way things are planning out, he could outstay Conte and then we will see how he does under a new manager.

I don't think he should be moaning in public about his lack of game time though until he can show at least a glimpse of something during the appearances he's given.

Chelsea are still in it.
    So are Liverpool (technically)

I can understand his frustration. Son has underperformed this season too but hasn't been left out anywhere near as much as Richarlison.

A small factor has been due to him having 2 medium-term injuries that have kept him out for a few weeks at a time.

He's been involved in a lot of games this season (whether he's started or come on as a sub) and I haven't been overly impressed. Certainly not £60 million impressed.

He hasn't scored a league goal yet and I don't remember too many assists either (not sure if he has any apart from the one he got in his infamous cameo against Forest).

After his impressive World Cup exploits, a lot of fans were expecting him to come back and help push us towards a trophy & top 4 push. He returned with an injury and has looked a shell of his former self.

We played him as a lone striker against Sheffield United and he's lucky that he wasn't pulled at half-time (that can be said for the majority of the players though to be honest).

Maybe he isn't clicking with Conte. There have been murmurs of a falling out but nothing concrete. The ironic thing is that he should be a prototypical Conte player.

Strong, fast, bags of energy and workrate and is an expert in the dark arts.

For whatever reason, it isn't working out for him this season - but, the way things are planning out, he could outstay Conte and then we will see how he does under a new manager.

I don't think he should be moaning in public about his lack of game time though until he can show at least a glimpse of something during the appearances he's given.
    I'm getting the feeling he's not a good fit for Spurs, cos he's clearly a good player and we're just not seeing that.

So are Liverpool (technically)
    Comically.

I'm getting the feeling he's not a good fit for Spurs, cos he's clearly a good player and we're just not seeing that.
    It doesn't make sense though, does it? As I said above, he's one player that I'd expect to *thrive* under Conte.

I genuinely think that his injuries haven't helped.

The fact that he shone as a centre forward for Brazil at the World Cup may indicate that he will end up being more of a striker than a wide forward - but he's not going to oust Kane from that position (until Kane leaves in the summer )