Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Why are so many of them so ****ing shit?

I do absolutely everything I can to ensure mine gets brought up in a happy environment, she's comfortable talking to me up here and her mum and dad down there...we all do everything that we can to ensure she is given the best possible chance in life.

And being honest, it's not really that hard to do. Nobody deserves a reward for looking after their own kids, if you bring them up right it can be really ****ing easy as they tend to work with you as they get older and can see you've got their best interest at heart, so why do so many people fail so badly at this?

I'm not talking about difficult kids, you get them, I'm on about the people that can't be arsed to parent. Rather get in from work and watch 5 hours of TV after work and spend their money on fags and booze, never help with homework and just palm the kids off on their consoles and tablets.

What's all that about?
I have two, 30 & 40 respectively and couldn't be any prouder of the pair of them. Working away for periods when they they born, very young, their mother is the one who steered them into who they are, I'll duck the nub of your point, there are so many reasons IMO why some parenting isn't what it could be but the only reason I'd put my opinion to, is that the nuclear family has been deliberately destroyed. (It's political and I'm not going there).