+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At least this game showed that Isaac

Re: At least this game showed that Isaac

I like Davies as a player but he needs to push on now, he was poor last night but that happens to everyone from time to time. As someone mentioned Ojo was worse.

Maybe he is lacking confidence after a long lay off? Has he played many U21 games lately? Has he been scoring? Maybe him and Colwill just need to do more in the U21s to warrant a place, maybe a bit more fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They cause damage , lay the ball off and can score goals

Our fringe players don't seem to do anything at all when given the chance

Of course it's not easy when like last night they are played in unfamiliar positions but you would expect some kind of offering or glimpses

It's a shame we all want our players to do well , score goals , bond with the crowd etc
    Who played in an unfamiliar position?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Christ chill a bit we were up against a decent play-off potential team with three of our most influential players missing, Robinson, Kipre, and Wickham, and got a well-earned draw, even Alsopp played quite well.

Take the point, move on, and beat Rotherham and we are virtually safe.
    Only 3 teams [the top 3] have scored more goals at home, than Rotherham. I'll take a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I felt sorry for Davies, it was a waste playing him out wide. He's not a winger FFS
    Agreed he's a striker and that's where we've seen him perform his best. The other thing that didn't help him was the balls into him were rubbish. Couple of times they had a chance to put the ball in front of him so he could run onto it into space and they couldn't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think you’re making a big assumption there. I don’t believe Davies has as much natural ability as Philogene.
    Yeah, it's a difficult point to prove but Philogene has played 28 times, scored three goals and has no assists (according to Transfermarkt). I reckon Davies could have returned something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Yeah, it's a difficult point to prove but Philogene has played 28 times, scored three goals and has no assists (according to Transfermarkt). I reckon Davies could have returned something similar.
    I don't think natural ability and output are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't think natural ability and output are the same thing.
    Output is what matters with loanees though, that's where I think we struggled last summer. Its great for Philogene that he seems to be developing now but we won't be seeing the benefits of that (unless we somehow sign him), I'd much rather develop our own players and bring in loanees who will impact the team immediately like Hugill and even Uche did