+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kier Starmer - Hypocrite

Re: Kier Starmer - Hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt he's anyone's ideal choice at anything, he's just a bit of a non-entity.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way they have to play it in order to get back into power.

not too controversial or scary for the centre-right, nothing really about him for the Tory press to tear into - they've been having a go but its all been pretty pathetic stuff like this so none of it has landed yet other than with the more fanatic Tory supporters who would never vote for him anyway.
    Agree in the most part.

I'm not at all keen on the man and there's nothing much for us left of centre people. However, given the calamitous past 13 years we just have to grin and bear it just to get these awful Tories out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree in the most part.

I'm not at all keen on the man and there's nothing much for us left of centre people. However, given the calamitous past 13 years we just have to grin and bear it just to get these awful Tories out.
    He's the best that the centre left and further left can vote for

I hope to god if he wins the election he quickly gets ousted as he's absolutely weak and hopeless and I don't know any of my friends who are voting for him because he's any good , it's because they want the tories out

Labour need to get nandy in and get the likes of yvette Cooper, Angela Raynor and the other no hopers away from the front bench

Honestly now, what fundementally do you think will change?

I do accept the general idea of the need for change at the top every few years (which also very much applies in the senedd of course) and a desire to punish them for partygate for what happened etc, if that's a big issue for people.

But what honestly do people think will really change?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's the best that the centre left and further left can vote for

I hope to god if he wins the election he quickly gets ousted as he's absolutely weak and hopeless and I don't know any of my friends who are voting for him because he's any good , it's because they want the tories out

Labour need to get nandy in and get the likes of yvette Cooper, Angela Raynor and the other no hopers away from the front bench
    I think its all about just getting this useless bunch of right wing loonies out isnt it.

Wherever you live just vote tactically to make sure this lot are wiped the floor with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think its all about just getting this useless bunch of right wing loonies out isnt it.

Wherever you live just vote tactically to make sure this lot are wiped the floor with.
    Yes but to keep them out we need to get savvy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The bills are mounting up
    He wont solve anything. Unless he delivers :
    Huge tax hykes ?
    Corporation tax.
    Solve global warming
    Declare ear on Russia.
    Give everyone 20% rise in wages /pensions .
    Treble health , police , education spending.

At the end of all that we can chat about 20% inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Sorry that no adding up if Sludge wants ( in his opinion) useless Labour folk gone who has the skill sets to make sure the right decesions are made in the right manner , any of us could spout what Labour are saying now , where are the tools and decesions to make a difference. If you want to remove a political party because of hatred fine but lets not kid ourselves times will be better . In fact due to Labours lack of government expertise it could go very badly wrong in such unstable times which in the main are not the UK,s doing.

Im sure we will get the 'blame Brexit' theme as Europe and USA and its banks are in serious trouble.

Or we could shout tax the rich and fat cats , we'll that's dangerous as the global economy allows them to move thier riches anywhere , lets not forget the top 10% earners in the UK top already contribute over 60% of income tax.

Business are shouting at a Tory government about high corporation tax.

Tories accused of taxing more than ever before .

Triple lock for pensioners still in place despite calks to reduce it . delivered 10% rise this April, and was introduced via a nasty Tory Cameron / Osbourne initiative.

Not much wriggle room ..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Honestly now, what fundementally do you think will change?

I do accept the general idea of the need for change at the top every few years (which also very much applies in the senedd of course) and a desire to punish them for partygate for what happened etc, if that's a big issue for people.

But what honestly do people think will really change?
    No one answered my simple question here! Beginning to feel a bit left out 🥲

No one answered my simple question here! Beginning to feel a bit left out 🥲
    I don't think anything will change much under him. Looks like he wants to do far more with renewables but I don't trust a word he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I don't think anything will change much under him. Looks like he wants to do far more with renewables but I don't trust a word he says.
    Stopping policies playing up to the far right like the ship em to Rwanda will be an improvement.

Did anyone see starmers key note speech a few weeks ago ?

I don't know who advises him but they are as hopeless as he is

The speech was full of trendy buzzwords and sounded like a lecture to university students

I would imagine your average joe was thinking wtf is all this cobblers about ?

He's a hopeless orator and the advice I would give him is keep it simple

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    That's what I think too. Actually, I do trust him (as much as I do any politician) but I don't see how anything of note changes with him.

Whoever wins in 2024/25 though will likely benefit from vastly better economic winds.

That's what I think too. Actually, I do trust him (as much as I do any politician) but I don't see how anything of note changes with him.

Whoever wins in 2024/25 though will likely benefit from vastly better economic winds.
    I've heard some say Rachel Reeves' wind smells sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've heard some say Rachel Reeves' wind smells sweet.
    Not sure about that, but if this is a loose invitation to talk about attractive female Labour MPs then I put forward Louise Haigh and Liz Kendall.

Not sure about that, but if this is a loose invitation to talk about attractive female Labour MPs then I put forward Louise Haigh and Liz Kendall.
    Liz yes, not sure about Louise. Angela still does it for me and Heidi Allen used to erstwhile.