+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remember when our last away game was always absolutely Potty?

Remember when our last away game was always absolutely Potty?

Everyone off their cake

Even the pop and crisps bus was pissed

It helped that it was sometimes a crucial relegation game like Bury 1989

Surely the first ever arrest of a gorilla 🦍 in a football ground

Re: Remember when our last away game was always absolutely Potty?

Or ironically Burnley away after getting promoted from the dungeon in 1988, 3000 loonies dressed as all sorts. Strangely when promoted to the sunshine league 35 years later we only took half as many fans…..

Fancy dress on my bus if you want on Sludge. Gorilla, now you have given me an idea. Lol
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Or ironically Burnley away after getting promoted from the dungeon in 1988, 3000 loonies dressed as all sorts. Strangely when promoted to the sunshine league 35 years later we only took half as many fans…..
    Then Blackpool after the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Fancy dress on my bus if you want on Sludge. Gorilla, now you have given me an idea. Lol
    Spedger
    Do you remember that gorilla getting nicked at Bury in the grandstand ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Then Blackpool after the game
    One of our lot, Sid, didn’t take a bag, he took one of those suit/bag things on a hanger, of course he left it on the railings outside the hotel in Albert Road when we were leaving

It was the old Sunday opening hours in those days. We called in to a pub in Dudley on the way home, a pissed off Sid, who was the driver, didn’t come in and had a kip in the car. Come 3 o’clock the landlord asked us if we wanted a stop on, daft question There were half frosted windows and a police car was driving up and down outside, every time it passed the pub the landlord shouted ‘Everyone duck’ Sid was even more pissed off when we woke him about half six, him thinking it was just after three.

Great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One of our lot, Sid, didn’t take a bag, he took one of those suit/bag things on a hanger, of course he left it on the railings outside the hotel in Albert Road when we were leaving

It was the old Sunday opening hours in those days. We called in to a pub in Dudley on the way home, a pissed off Sid, who was the driver, didn’t come in and had a kip in the car. Come 3 o’clock the landlord asked us if we wanted a stop on, daft question There were half frosted windows and a police car was driving up and down outside, every time it passed the pub the landlord shouted ‘Everyone duck’ Sid was even more pissed off when we woke him about half six, him thinking it was just after three.

Great weekend.
    Bet you can't drink like that these days

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bet you can't drink like that these days
    Home by 8pm after the Huddersfield game, f*cking bow legged

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Home by 8pm after the Huddersfield game, f*cking bow legged
    Bow , strong bow

Gillingham. Crowd full of Batman & Robin, another pair come up the steps, someone shouts not another one, gets a quick response “no we’re fathers for justice” quick as you like

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Gillingham. Crowd full of Batman & Robin, another pair come up the steps, someone shouts not another one, gets a quick response “no we’re fathers for justice” quick as you like
    A better class of drunkenness

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do you mean Hull away 25 years later? I was starting to think that I'd just woken up from a hideous dream that we'd been battling relegation all season but we'd actually won promotion ahead of our trip to Burnley on Monday!

I remember going to Mansfield at the end of the 98-99 season, dressed as the Ayatollah - with full robes and Arab head-dress. There were a few of us there that day, some very much worse for wear. We lost 0-3. Happy days.