+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Worrying Statistic

A Worrying Statistic

from the Mirror

Seeing this type of headline across the world recently. I guess we need to see the next 6 months data but don't see too many debates in the public domain especially if the health authorities don't know why

Re: A Worrying Statistic

The article goes a long way to explaining the excess deaths figures - and also gives focus to the periods in the past few years when deaths were well below the expected trend.

Organ's mate Dr Coleman failed to point the finger at Covid vaccines. Instead he highlighted a population that has been getting older and heavier (obesity levels still rising above the European norm). There are still variations from the 5 year trend line, but in thousands per month, not tens of thousands.

As has been discussed at length here before, there is almost certainly a legacy of lockdown with people with serious illnesses who were not diagnosed or treated for a long period during the height of the pandemic.

Helpfully the Mirror also pointed to climate change and increasing length and severity of summer heatwaves. It also did it without any juvenile s******ing from behind tin hats!

It's cos you're a bunch of obese barstewards that need to eat some greens and stop with the fags and booze.

Looking around at Cardiff games it's no surprise, half of us wouldn't have been able to fit through the turnstiles at Ninian Park!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Looking around at Cardiff games it's no surprise, half of us wouldn't have been able to fit through the turnstiles at Ninian Park!
    There were a few photos on posted on here recently of like 100 years ago or so, and one of the things that always stands out about those scenes is that there are literally no fat people , or at lest not fat by today's standards.

My other half is from asia and when she first arrived here we went out to the park in Pontypridd and she literally could not believe how fat everyone was. Sometimes if we're watching TV from her country and there's a "fat" character, they're basically average sized for us.

Went to Barcelona recently and she noticed that there were FAR fewer fat people there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There were a few photos on posted on here recently of like 100 years ago or so, and one of the things that always stands out about those scenes is that there are literally no fat people , or at lest not fat by today's standards.

My other half is from asia and when she first arrived here we went out to the park in Pontypridd and she literally could not believe how fat everyone was. Sometimes if we're watching TV from her country and there's a "fat" character, they're basically average sized for us.

Went to Barcelona recently and she noticed that there were FAR fewer fat people there also.
    Australia amazes me. I associate them with being sporty and outdoor, but people were either gym goers or surprisingly obese. There was little in between.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    from the Mirror

Seeing this type of headline across the world recently. I guess we need to see the next 6 months data but don't see too many debates in the public domain especially if the health authorities don't know why

As a what you could call 'older' couple, the wife and I have sadly grown accustomed to hearing of the passing of an acquaintance once in a while. However we've commented in the past year how it seems almost weekly we hear of someone we know in their 60's/70's has died. Our friends have said the same experience. For those who worship at the altar of covid vaccinations, I'd consider how these vaccines managed to come to be in us all without the usual pathology..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    As a what you could call 'older' couple, the wife and I have sadly grown accustomed to hearing of the passing of an acquaintance once in a while. However we've commented in the past year how it seems almost weekly we hear of someone we know in their 60's/70's has died. Our friends have said the same experience. For those who worship at the altar of covid vaccinations, I'd consider how these vaccines managed to come to be in us all without the usual pathology..
    As someone who didn't take it for medical reasons I do wonder if I would have taken it, if I was without the medical reasons.
    The pressure being applied by Johnson, his thugs, celebrity peer pressure, CCMB experts, being denied travel opportunity, at one point, potential employment limitations at one point and pressure to take it from just about everybody was really takin a toll, obviously I'm more than happy that I didn't break, but I do think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    As someone who didn't take it for medical reasons I do wonder if I would have taken it, if I was without the medical reasons.
    The pressure being applied by Johnson, his thugs, celebrity peer pressure, CCMB experts, being denied travel opportunity, at one point, potential employment limitations at one point and pressure to take it from just about everybody was really takin a toll, obviously I'm more than happy that I didn't break, but I do think about it.
    Agree totally. Funny enough had a text yesterday 'inviting' for a covid booster next week ! That would be the 4th/5th ?? Anyway, I'll never have another one - caught COVID twice before the vaccines and during the epidemic and felt worse after the vaccines than actually contracting COVID.

Agree totally. Funny enough had a text yesterday 'inviting' for a covid booster next week ! That would be the 4th/5th ?? Anyway, I'll never have another one - caught COVID twice before the vaccines and during the epidemic and felt worse after the vaccines than actually contracting COVID.
    That puts you in a minority.

Approximately 78% of people who got Covid had symptoms from mild to severe (including death!). About 22% were asymptomatic.

Approximately 19% of people who had not previously had Covid reported mild effects for up to a week after the jab (from sore arm to flu-like symptoms). That figure rose to 33% for people (like you) who had Covid before the vaccination.

Around 9 people in a million suffered a fatal reaction that could have been triggered by the vaccine (anaphylaxis, thrombosis etc), although in the USA and Europe that didn't move the expected age group early death profiles

It was relatively but not always easy enough for me to declare as being non jabbed, I did get the occasional tut, but a firm F.Off sufficed, it came to a head just before Xmas just gone where I went south for a while and jacked my job in an instant, that's all done now and the head is in the right place, the public shame of not being a pin cushion has eroded, and I'm surprised at how many are now saying they didn't get it but kept quiet in fear of the jack booted bullies, working in a smallish office I was the only one not to get Covid, some having it 2 and 3 times, the last outbreak was the catalyst for jacking it in, they asked me to take a test on the outbreak and their request was declined politely the red flag was when the doctors who treated my brain injury when asked by myself, about a risk to me (clotting) declined to answer other than to say we cannot advise either way, from near the start of the pandemic I followed and still do, the protocol as advised by Dr. Zev Zelenko who has sadly since passed (NOT COVID), since following this protocol, I've not even had a cold and now working in an even smaller office in which a nasty cold has recently done the rounds avoided this one as well. My drive to work and return, which includes the stretches of the M4, A48, country lanes is enough to be worried about, next project is trying to get employment in Cardiff which can be reached by public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That puts you in a minority.

Approximately 78% of people who got Covid had symptoms from mild to severe (including death!). About 22% were asymptomatic.

Approximately 19% of people who had not previously had Covid reported mild effects for up to a week after the jab (from sore arm to flu-like symptoms). That figure rose to 33% for people (like you) who had Covid before the vaccination.

Around 9 people in a million suffered a fatal reaction that could have been triggered by the vaccine (anaphylaxis, thrombosis etc), although in the USA and Europe that didn't move the expected age group early death profiles
    Does it? My large extended family are split roughly 50-50. One half are always getting colds/flu and other mystery illnesses, while the other half don't even get a runny nose.

It was relatively but not always easy enough for me to declare as being non jabbed, I did get the occasional tut, but a firm F.Off sufficed, it came to a head just before Xmas just gone where I went south for a while and jacked my job in an instant, that's all done now and the head is in the right place, the public shame of not being a pin cushion has eroded, and I'm surprised at how many are now saying they didn't get it but kept quiet in fear of the jack booted bullies, working in a smallish office I was the only one not to get Covid, some having it 2 and 3 times, the last outbreak was the catalyst for jacking it in, they asked me to take a test on the outbreak and their request was declined politely the red flag was when the doctors who treated my brain injury when asked by myself, about a risk to me (clotting) declined to answer other than to say we cannot advise either way, from near the start of the pandemic I followed and still do, the protocol as advised by Dr. Zev Zelenko who has sadly since passed (NOT COVID), since following this protocol, I've not even had a cold and now working in an even smaller office in which a nasty cold has recently done the rounds avoided this one as well. My drive to work and return, which includes the stretches of the M4, A48, country lanes is enough to be worried about, next project is trying to get employment in Cardiff which can be reached by public transport.
    Did you miss the bit in Jon's post that stated that over 1 in 5 people are asymptomatic? Research suggests that asymptomatic people are as likely to pass on covid to another as someone that has contracted covid. Vaccinated asymptomatic people less so.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Did you miss the bit in Jon's post that stated that over 1 in 5 people are asymptomatic? Research suggests that asymptomatic people are as likely to pass on covid to another as someone that has contracted covid. Vaccinated asymptomatic people less so.
    Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here we go.
    A new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) by researchers from the University of Florida and University of Washington found that so-called “asymptomatic” or “presymptomatic” spread of COVID-19 is quite rare.

https://www.themainewire.com/2020/12...-transmission/

Being vaccinated doesn’t prevent transmission either but I guess I’m guilty of confirmation bias on the subject , especially as we are all classed as unvaccinated in our family.

Each to their own I suppose is the best policy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here we go.
    Living rent free in your heads.....sorry, head!

Huh, I’m replying to wales bales , jog on

I will think you will find I was replying to him.

Whatever, it's done, it was sad, people died in their 1,000's, people live by their choices, line in the sand has been taken and I respect yours whatever it may have been. No I didn't read Jon's post but you have confirmed what I suspected the basis of his post would have been.

Whatever, it's done, it was sad, people died in their 1,000's, people live by their choices, line in the sand has been taken and I respect yours whatever it may have been. No I didn't read Jon's post but you have confirmed what I suspected the basis of his post would have been.
    Sad is the right word!

When you say a new study, new in 2020. You copy an interpretation of the study which says anything but , not least because they were studying something completely different. Though they did at least have the good grace to post the link to the study they completely bastardised.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2774102

If you want to believe stuff rather than fact each to their own I suppose.

When you say a new study, new in 2020. You copy an interpretation of the study which says anything but , not least because they were studying something completely different. Though they did at least have the good grace to post the link to the study they completely bastardised.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2774102

If you want to believe stuff rather than fact each to their own I suppose.

Since when has asymptomatic been a problem prior to Covid ? ( like flu and pneumonia).It seems ludicrous to me that not having a symptom is a symptom, and as the other poster said , it’s sad what happened as was the treatment of the elderly in care homes etc but it’s time to move on.

I agree with this epidemiologist , but each to their own

https://rumble.com/vrxtb4-dr.-peter-...nsmission.html

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Since when has asymptomatic been a problem prior to Covid ? ( like flu and pneumonia).It seems ludicrous to me that not having a symptom is a symptom, and as the other poster said , it’s sad what happened as was the treatment of the elderly in care homes etc but it’s time to move on.
    Before we move on, as I lost someone, when you say it’s sad what happened as was the treatment of the elderly in care homes etc . What was it about the treatment of the elderly in care homes that the management of the pandemic (shit as it was) could be made better. Tell us how you would have managed care homes better from your libiterian perspective?

As I said it’s time to move on I think