Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Here he is, I told you so merchant number one, despite the fact that he did nothing of the sort, I can remember you going from it’s only the flu in the beginning to seizing on US modelling that calculated “only” 7,000 would die in the UK such was your desperation to make out that Covid was not as bad as it was being predicted to be around February 2020. Remember that modelling which predicted 66,000 dead in the UK which was greeted with a mixture of horror and incredulity on her in March 2020 - this was at the time that Chris Valance I think it was predicted 20,000 dead would be a “good” outcome.

Instead, the official figures show 200,000 plus died and all the sceptics can do about this shocking figure is bleat on about them not really dying of Covid! The pandemic turned out to be the worst crisis UK residents who were not alive in the 1940s have been through in their lives - it was clear from the start that drastic measures were needed and with a vaccine that needed to be developed against a speed is of the essence, there could be repercussions later on. The pandemic will turn out to be once in a lifetime event for many who came through it, there were very few precedents to fall back on and so mistakes were bound to be made, the important thing now is that they are acted and people use the experience they gained to best effect in preparation for the future.

What serves no purpose whatsoever is the gifted ones on this board chucking stones from their usual position on the sidelines as they indulge themselves in a fantasy “if only they’d listened to us” world - if the likes of you had been listened to in early 2020 that horrendous 200,000 plus figure would be far, far higher.
As I said above, you are going to stick with your version of events as seen through the prism of the BBC and that's fair enough, but please don't try to make out that everything you say is fact.