+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New home shirt at 11am on Monday

New home shirt at 11am on Monday

Re: New home shirt at 11am on Monday

On the subject of shirts, when the weather's as hot as this, my City shirts, bought at various times over the past fifteen years, make an appearance. Today, I'm wearing the 08/09 Joma home kit and, while saying it's as good as new would be pushing things a bit, it really is in very good condition for its age. On the other hand, the black FA Cup Final shirt, which I believe was also made by Joma, from 07/08 is a piece of tat which I should really have thrown away by now, it's falling to pieces, the lettering has faded to the extent that you can barely read it and the cuffs are hanging on by a thread - it's the sort of shoddily put together football shirt which goes a long way to explaining why they have such a poor reputation.

So, you have the same manufacturer producing vastly different quality goods (if my shirts are typical), yet, from memory, there was very little difference in price between the two of them - I'll only buy football shirts these days if they're reduced at the end of the season because, especially in these times when money is tighter, they're even more of a rip off than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On the subject of shirts, when the weather's as hot as this, my City shirts, bought at various times over the past fifteen years, make an appearance. Today, I'm wearing the 08/09 Joma home kit and, while saying it's as good as new would be pushing things a bit, it really is in very good condition for its age. On the other hand, the black FA Cup Final shirt, which I believe was also made by Joma, from 07/08 is a piece of tat which I should really have thrown away by now, it's falling to pieces, the lettering has faded to the extent that you can barely read it and the cuffs are hanging on by a thread - it's the sort of shoddily put together football shirt which goes a long way to explaining why they have such a poor reputation.

So, you have the same manufacturer producing vastly different quality goods (if my shirts are typical), yet, from memory, there was very little difference in price between the two of them - I'll only buy football shirts these days if they're reduced at the end of the season because, especially in these times when money is tighter, they're even more of a rip off than normal.
    Other than washing it after the final I haven't washed my cup final shirt since. I wanted to keep it in as good a condition as possible. I've seen others where the yellow has faded and lettering flaked off, so think I've made a good decision.
    Football shirts must be the product with the most disproportionate quality/cost ratio around.

Christ this is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The 08/09 home shirt was basically the 07/08 cup shirt just in a distressed blue - taken from swatches of the 1927 cup final kit!

As my belly gets bigger the draw to a tight fitting sports short gets smaller

The best kit we’ve had for a long time was the all yellow Joma kit

The adidas kits were crap and soulless and the new balance ones are better

I wonder if we’ll have an all red away kit mind. I wouldn’t be against it.