+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: TURKEY 2 - 0 WALES. Match thread

Re: FT: TURKEY 2 - 0 WALES. Match thread

I also sadly agree about Ramsey, he doesn't look like a better player right now than Harry Wilson, who most of our fanbase thought was crap in a poor City team that punted the ball over his head for most of the time. I hope he doesn't come back and get crocked or play poorly and have the fans turn on him.

In a team that is set up to play to his strengths he's probably still a good championship option for 20 or so games but I can't see next years City being that kind of team.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    Agreed LA Bluebird. While a nice guy, Rob Page really hasn't got a clue in terms of managing at this level. Turkey are not that great as a team but it exemplifies how bad we are when you consider they could have had at least 3 more goals if it hadn't been for VAR and a great save by the keeper.

Cannot see how the manager can survive after a sequence of inept displays from the team . Some of the players also need to take a long hard look at themselves. Rodon and Mepham seem clueless in defence and should not be in the first team.

If Cardiff don't get Ramsey in his current form they will not be missing much. He looks very much like Bale looked during the WC, i.e. simply worn out.

Just not good enough IMHO

FAW - are you listening?
    1 win in 12. Awful performances. Even the wins before that were poor, we were just saved by bale.

He has to go.

This group is over now but we still have a play off. We need to give the new manager time before the play offs as we could still do it. If page stays the play offs will also be embarrassing as a side like Georgia, norway or Denmark would absolutely destroy us.

Re: TURKEY v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Shit manager. End of a long season. We'll be back.
    Page is undoing the great work done by Speed and Cookie at a great rate of knots. I can only seeing it being downhill all the way with him in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Craig Bellamy anyone?
    We need somebody to come in with a clean slate. There are plenty of young players coming through and Page isn't the right person to make the most of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I also sadly agree about Ramsey, he doesn't look like a better player right now than Harry Wilson, who most of our fanbase thought was crap in a poor City team that punted the ball over his head for most of the time. I hope he doesn't come back and get crocked or play poorly and have the fans turn on him.

In a team that is set up to play to his strengths he's probably still a good championship option for 20 or so games but I can't see next years City being that kind of team.
    Absolutely I never wanted bale because I thought he'd be rubbish for us, he'd hardly play and fans would get on his back really quickly. His performances in the world Cup didn't make me think I was wrong.

I think the same will happen with Ramsey. Absolutely love him but if the club reckon his signing would be a huge spark they are mistaken, it would be met with a "meh" and would probably sour our relationship with him.

Vieira & Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Vieira & Roberts
    I would take that all day long!!

I expected us to lose quite comfortably and I'm still pissed off about that result - more terrible indiscipline, more of Page's ludicrous tactics and substitutions, still no game time for the young players for the most part even with a result beyond doubt, more comical defending from a back 4 who really should be a half decent unit on paper... agree whoever above says it feels like Page is undoing most of the past 8-9 years as fast as he possibly can, we are an absolute shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Not a fan of Page but he cannot carry the can for a player who goes in studs facing, not helped with players incapable of passing to each other, players static offering no out ball it's just poor from back to front, these are the players we have and not sure a different manager could get much more out of them.
    The players are not great, but they're not terrible either. They all play at a high level. Something we couldn't always boast. I think a decent tactician and game manager could get more out of them. This team was quite capable of picking up 4 points over these last two games if they played to a better game plan. The defensive organisation has been ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I expected us to lose quite comfortably and I'm still pissed off about that result - more terrible indiscipline, more of Page's ludicrous tactics and substitutions, still no game time for the young players for the most part even with a result beyond doubt, more comical defending from a back 4 who really should be a half decent unit on paper... agree whoever above says it feels like Page is undoing most of the past 8-9 years as fast as he possibly can, we are an absolute shambles.
    I get the feeling that once the game kicks-off the players are on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Vieira & Roberts
    Yes please.

I would also take Pullis now to do a transitional job like Toshack did.

Dinosaur he might be but he could organize what we have and try to get the best out of them while introducing the youngsters.

When a team has limited ability on the pitch, what they need is a manager who can get the team to perform as a sum greater than its individual parts.
    Robert Page isn't that manager I'm afraid.

Ampadu world class at pointing to tell everyone else where to go but doing very little himself.

Page was a coach and was put in charge in very strange circumstances. I feel he did a tremendous job until the debacle of the World Cup which has never been properly dissected by anyone. Now it seems the spirit has totally gone and we look a mess. I wouldn’t condemn Page, I’d thank him for his work and get a manager in who can get something out of these players.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 19-06-23 at 21:24. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The players are not great, but they're not terrible either. They all play at a high level. Something we couldn't always boast. I think a decent tactician and game manager could get more out of them. This team was quite capable of picking up 4 points over these last two games if they played to a better game plan. The defensive organisation has been ridiculous.
    I agree, the golden era has come to an end and we need to get used to a return to what supporting Wales used to be like, but even in the bad old days, losing 4-2 at home to Armenia would have been a very poor result. Yet, I don’t think the current group of players are as bad as they’ve looked in the last two games, the manager is not getting the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ampadu world class at pointing to tell everyone else where to go but doing very little himself.
    True captain material and shows how well he can read the game. He'll be captain at Barcelona next season, there'll be a statue of him at the Nou Camp within 3 years and the stadium will be named after him by 2030.

That defense aren't getting coached at all well

First goal tonight identical to two of Fridays goals

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, the golden era has come to an end and we need to get used to a return to what supporting Wales used to be like, but even in the bad old days, losing 4-2 at home to Armenia would have been a very poor result. Yet, I don’t think the current group of players are as bad as they’ve looked in the last two games, the manager is not getting the best out of them.
    Tonight could easily have been 5 and Turkey weren't that good.

Page has to go and someone needs to come in to rebuild things from the youth up again, like Toshack and Flynny did.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    That defense aren't getting coached at all well

First goal tonight identical to two of Fridays goals
    I reckon City could score against Wales, or am I being a bit ott?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Im sure Rodon , Mepham or Roberts would do their best to gift us a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im sure Rodon , Mepham or Roberts would do their best to gift us a goal.
    Aye, but we've got Harris and maybe someone else to bollocks up the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Kaba would definitely have got in between defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Kaba would definitely have got in between defenders.
    I think I probably would have been able to as well and, shall we say, in terms of footballers' physique, I'm more Neville Southall.

That was a rash challenge but a booking , never a sending off

Cheating ponce made a meal of it