+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rwanda Policy Defeated By UK Court , Braverman spitting teeth

Re: Rwanda Policy Defeated By UK Court , Braverman spitting teeth

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    register them in the system. Give them NI numbers, get them working paying taxes and contributing.

if there are no illegals then cash in hand jobs disappear. This in turn means wages rise for those who prepared to work in jobs where the employer operates PAYE.

its full of win.
    NI numbers , identity, contribute to system and easier to trace and sanction than if they are working in a sweat shop or food outlet for pennies

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Nigel Farage has tweeted that we should send them back to France. Little does he know that we used to be able to do that when we were a member of a thing called the European Union before some people came along and convinced enough of the population that we'd all be much better off not being a member. Perhaps he could do a bit of research on it if he's got a spare 5 minutes.
    Now the UK'll have to pay 7 Euros (or whatever it is) to get them an ETIAS.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Now the UK'll have to pay 7 Euros (or whatever it is) to get them an ETIAS.
    ....and queue at the non EU passport holders line to have passport stamped so long as the lovely blue non EU passports last 10 years. The embossing on the front of mine has half worn off already after 18 months and the whole thing looks like it will fall apart. But....so long as its non EU, it's what the people want.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    register them in the system. Give them NI numbers, get them working paying taxes and contributing.

if there are no illegals then cash in hand jobs disappear. This in turn means wages rise for those who prepared to work in jobs where the employer operates PAYE.

its full of win.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in Rwanda and the organisation I work for has an office there.

It's a beautiful country with lovely people.

While the government takes two steps forwards with regards to infrastructure (social and transport etc), they take a giant leap backwards with regards to human rights, freedoms , democracy etc. its a very controlling and toxic environment.

I know people who have been taken by the Rwandan authorities and treated appallingly. I can't elaborate here.

The last time Rwanda accepted asylum seekers from other countries it was a disaster with many of the asylum seekers being mistreated. When they escaped, they were killed.

It is not an African utopia.

As for pipsters questions:

What would you do with the ones already here -
    things like :

1. Where would you house them ? - firstly we need to process them quickly to make sure they are not staying in poor conditions paid for (over paid for) by the the public purse. Get them into work and filling the huge shortages we have. They can then pay rent and contribute in taxes. (some people wait 4 (FOUR) years before their claim is accepted or rejected). In terms of housing - this is a bigger issue and i am so disappointed with both main political parties for under investing in homes and also allowing landlords and corporations (many foreign) to buy up properties which could be available. Londongrad explains how so many properties in London are bought by foreign companies or oligarchs and remain empty. With the money allocated to sending people to Rwanda, that could easily be used to make 10000's of empty properties available and fix up the so many dilapidated properties in our cities.

2. Would they have priority over existing people on Council house waiting lists ?

See above - no they wouldn't and nor should they... get them into work and let them rent or buy like most others - with the caveat that local authorities get funding from central government to renovate available houses and make them available to everyone.

3. Would you allow them to work ?

Yes - why on earth would anyone NOT want them to work? That is mental. Work, pay tax, pay NI, fill the workforce shortages and save us a ton of money to house them for years while we process their claims... a no brainer.

4. Would you allow them to claim benefits ?

Allow them to work and let them be a full part of the system - paying TAX and NI and if they do fall out of work, then yes they should be able to claim benefits if they are legally allowed to work and live here.

5. Would you offer them safe passage to another country ?

If they wanted it and if they had links to another country... yes. Perhaps we could join some kind of union with our neighbours and negotiate a deal where we share the refugee /asylum population

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course it's a sop

They are desperate for votes and a pull on the right wing flog em , send em back puppet strings is always worth a try

That Brauverman is a shocking neo con

Who votes for a nut case like her ?
    In answer to your question: nut cases like her.

I've spent a lot of time in Rwanda and the organisation I work for has an office there.

While the government takes two steps forwards with regards to infrastructure (social and transport etc), they take a giant leap backwards with regards to human rights, freedoms , democracy etc. its a very controlling and toxic environment.

I know people who have been taken by the Rwandan authorities and treated appallingly. I can't elaborate here.

The last time Rwanda accepted asylum seekers from other countries it was a disaster with many of the asylum seekers being mistreated. When they escaped, they were killed.

things like :

1. Where would you house them ? - firstly we need to process them quickly to make sure they are not staying in poor conditions paid for (over paid for) by the the public purse. Get them into work and filling the huge shortages we have. They can then pay rent and contribute in taxes. (some people wait 4 (FOUR) years before their claim is accepted or rejected). In terms of housing - this is a bigger issue and i am so disappointed with both main political parties for under investing in homes and also allowing landlords and corporations (many foreign) to buy up properties which could be available. Londongrad explains how so many properties in London are bought by foreign companies or oligarchs and remain empty. With the money allocated to sending people to Rwanda, that could easily be used to make 10000's of empty properties available and fix up the so many dilapidated properties in our cities.

2. Would they have priority over existing people on Council house waiting lists ?

See above - no they wouldn't and nor should they... get them into work and let them rent or buy like most others - with the caveat that local authorities get funding from central government to renovate available houses and make them available to everyone.

Yes - why on earth would anyone NOT want them to work? That is mental. Work, pay tax, pay NI, fill the workforce shortages and save us a ton of money to house them for years while we process their claims... a no brainer.

Allow them to work and let them be a full part of the system - paying TAX and NI and if they do fall out of work, then yes they should be able to claim benefits if they are legally allowed to work and live here.

If they wanted it and if they had links to another country... yes. Perhaps we could join some kind of union with our neighbours and negotiate a deal where we share the refugee /asylum population
    Great response, I await pipster’s reply.

things like :

Great answers - however the african elephant is still in the room (no pun intended). All good stuff - but back to reality:
    We cant process the ones that are here quick enough - as they all appeal (fair enough) hence the never ending backlog.

Lets take it at face value though - as of Monday - you have found them all - a house to live in, a job to work, a school place, and all the other stuff like Doctors, Dentists etc etc.

You still have a problem - for over 20 years - they have still been coming in (successive Govts on all sides havent been able to stop it) - so the problem doesnt go away - it gets worse - as people now realise - hey no problem, look what the great people in the UK are doing for me and so more come and we have to do the same with them (as you suggested) - and then more come etc - you now have an exponential problem

It's a great idea - get them all to work - give them a job and a home - but the practicalities of it are ultimately unsolvable. So as much as I admire the 'easy' solution - I think it's a little bit more complicated than that - unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Great answers - however the african elephant is still in the room (no pun intended). All good stuff - but back to reality:
    We cant process the ones that are here quick enough - as they all appeal (fair enough) hence the never ending backlog.
    The government doesn't agree with you that this is down to appeals. That's the Tory government of the UK.

House Of Commons Research Briefing CPB9737 dated 20 March 2023:

Delays to processing asylum claims in the UK

The Home Office publishes data on pending asylum applications quarterly. At the end of December, there were 166,300 people awaiting an asylum decision, of whom:

• 161,000 were awaiting an initial decision.
    • 5,300 were awaiting the outcome of further review, such as an appeal.
    • Of those awaiting an initial decision, 68% (110,000 people) had been waiting for more than six months and 32% (51,300 people) had been waiting six months or less.

Why are asylum delays increasing?

The Government accepts that the backlog of asylum decisions is too high. Its position is that an increased number of asylum applications, the complexity of some of the claims and declining caseworker productivity have caused the backlog.

Some stakeholders and observers suggest the increased number of people awaiting decisions is because of larger inefficiencies within the decision making process and a lack of returns agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The government doesn't agree with you that this is down to appeals. That's the Tory government of the UK.

House Of Commons Research Briefing CPB9737 dated 20 March 2023:

Delays to processing asylum claims in the UK

The Home Office publishes data on pending asylum applications quarterly. At the end of December, there were 166,300 people awaiting an asylum decision, of whom:

• 161,000 were awaiting an initial decision.
    • 5,300 were awaiting the outcome of further review, such as an appeal.
    • Of those awaiting an initial decision, 68% (110,000 people) had been waiting for more than six months and 32% (51,300 people) had been waiting six months or less.

Why are asylum delays increasing?

The Government accepts that the backlog of asylum decisions is too high. Its position is that an increased number of asylum applications, the complexity of some of the claims and declining caseworker productivity have caused the backlog.

Some stakeholders and observers suggest the increased number of people awaiting decisions is because of larger inefficiencies within the decision making process and a lack of returns agreements.

For “declining caseworkers productivity” read cuts. This country is paying the consequences of forty years of Governments “selling the family silverware” as a former Tory Prime Minister put it or cutting public services and public service jobs to the bone.

Braverman keeps banging on about how the British people back the Government on this subject, yet I thought polls showed a majority against the Rwandan stunt?

The immigrant card is all they have left. They have destroyed the country so blaming immigrants for all our woes comes in pretty convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What do you suggest we do with them all sludge?
    Send them to vacant holiday lets in West Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The immigrant card is all they have left. They have destroyed the country so blaming immigrants for all our woes comes in pretty convenient.
    It’s been used more than Colin’s “My kind of club, my kind of club” card. So predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s been used more than Colin’s “My kind of club, my kind of club” card. So predictable.
    Who , wether he's a good manager or not , is very right wing and loves the The Tories

Much to my chagrin

Who , wether he's a good manager or not , is very right wing and loves the The Tories

Much to my chagrin
    If Brexit was a football manager it would be Colin.

things like :

Is the conflict between Hutu’s and Tutsi’s a thing of the past or still an under current of oppression/violence?

I watched a documentary about Liverpool fans there from both sides making peace over football despite how bad things were.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Brexit was a football manager it would be Colin.
    I don't understand working class people like warnock sucking up to the Tories

He's a Sheffield boy , a city built on steel and coal yet he's in love with Thatcher

That long haired git Peter Stringfellow was the same

Maybe they had a domineering mother

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Easy to say from Cowbridge eh.

Interesting that the Rwandan govt have strongly criticised the decision? Bit of old school imperialist racism from these elderly Oxbridge judges perhaps?
    Ah I understand, a bunch of wet eared woke lefty lawyers made the appeal and a bunch of decrepid elite establishment racists agreed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ah I understand, a bunch of wet eared woke lefty lawyers made the appeal and a bunch of decrepid elite establishment racists agreed with them.

It is starting to sound like real tinfoil hat stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Is the conflict between Hutu’s and Tutsi’s a thing of the past or still an under current of oppression/violence?

I watched a documentary about Liverpool fans there from both sides making peace over football despite how bad things were.
    Good question wash DC Blue.

You are not even allowed to talk openly about what happened in 94.

Of course the hutu and tutsi thing is interesting.

There was actually NO such thing as a hutu or a tutsi.. They were labels created by the belgiums and french to divide and conquer.. terms are banned in rwanda.

But tensions remain.

Wounds unattended and ignored will sadly cut deep and long

I don't understand working class people like warnock sucking up to the Tories

He's a Sheffield boy , a city built on steel and coal yet he's in love with Thatcher

That long haired git Peter Stringfellow was the same

Maybe they had a domineering mother
    He's got loadsamoney!

I think people saying "process them quicker" are completely missing the point. People throw their identity papers away. They claim to be from somewhere they aren't, they make tracing their origin near impossible. Lawyers intervene at every juncture to support them and so removing them is very costly and in the interim they have to be housed and cared for, all while we have a very severe housing crisis that it seems previously few understand from the coalface.

France is a safe country, our asylum laws are being totally abused. If people were abusing disability benefit or something else, the left would be up in arms. But because absolutely everything has to be sacrificed at the altar of race politics, then it's all fine.

But it isn't fine. Its an absolute mess and people are playing with fire in hoping this problem will go away

I think people saying "process them quicker" are completely missing the point. People throw their identity papers away. They claim to be from somewhere they aren't, they make tracing their origin near impossible. Lawyers intervene at every juncture to support them and so removing them is very costly and in the interim they have to be housed and cared for, all while we have a very severe housing crisis that it seems previously few understand from the coalface.

France is a safe country, our asylum laws are being totally abused. If people were abusing disability benefit or something else, the left would be up in arms. But because absolutely everything has to be sacrificed at the altar of race politics, then it's all fine.

But it isn't fine. Its an absolute mess and people are playing with fire in hoping this problem will go away
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Lol
    It's not a lol situation in any respect Kev.

Only this week we've seen stories about people being left homeless and 100 job losses. It's not a game and like I said, people need to get real on this as there is the potential for it to become a serious social issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65984461

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...l-set-27213583

Does James know someone is posting Daily Mail editorials in his name?