Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
I must say being challenged on my views about regulatory adherence by someone who thinks himself a cross between Nostradamus and Spartacus but whose personal acts of rebellion seem limited to bombarding a football messageboard with a daily dose of endless meaningless cliches did tickle.

In the Farage case if the Coutts account (still unclear whether it his personal account or a corporate one with all the fog he has thrown up) was frozen/closed because of lack of use or Farage's abuse of staff then that looks a little harsh.

Obviously if it is because of suspicious transactions outside of the normal range in the account, suspected fraud, money laundering or support for unlawful activities then I would expect the bank to operate with appropriate due diligence as you have encouraged DeutcheBank and others to undertake on other occasions!

The most ironic thing about this though was Farage threatening to leave the country because of it. Perhaps he knows of a few countries where a bloke turns up at the border asking to live there and they get waved through with a welcome and a smile.

Sounds like a case of double standards to me.

How many M.P.s have committed one or more of the things Farage has ,as far as I know , no action has been taken against them.