+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

Re: Claim that Ramsey will sign for City 'next week'...

BBC News - Aaron Ramsey: Cardiff hold talks with Wales captain over transfer
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65586058

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was reportedly on 400k a week at Juve, should have plenty in the bank
    I think that was rubbish. He was on a paltry 175k a week.

Regardless of what he's been offered, surely if he's considering coming to City it's not for the money

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Regardless of what he's been offered, surely if he's considering coming to City it's not for the money
    Yeh definitely! But probably doesn't want to be taken advantage of too. Give an inch take a mile like.

Under Dave Jones I belive we paid very high wages ?

Way more than we could afford , clearly

yeah there isn't be a limit to how much of a wage disparity he would be happy to accept though.

if he's been offered 25k elsewhere and we offer 20k then that might be fine for him, whereas if he can get 80k Vs our 20k he might feel that's too big of a difference to justify playing for Cardiff.
    on the latter example he would effectively be paying £3m a year to play for us - even if he wanted to be might feel that he couldn't justify that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah there isn't be a limit to how much of a wage disparity he would be happy to accept though.

if he's been offered 25k elsewhere and we offer 20k then that might be fine for him, whereas if he can get 80k Vs our 20k he might feel that's too big of a difference to justify playing for Cardiff.
    on the latter example he would effectively be paying £3m a year to play for us - even if he wanted to be might feel that he couldn't justify that
    Totally get what you're saying but surely he must have an idea of what's likely to be realistically on the cards

I’m sure I ready a percentage to do with image rights as well and merchandise etc.

He’d be living with his family, though. It depends how much security he would get. I think it’s the length of the contract that matters. He’s already extremely wealthy so he can afford to do what makes him happy. His family will stay in Cardiff if he went abroad, which is why he is leaving Nice.

Totally get what you're saying but surely he must have an idea of what's likely to be realistically on the cards
    I guess it really depends who else comes in for him

I guess it really depends who else comes in for him
    I don’t think it matters, he wants to be at home with his wife and kids, don’t blame him one bit. We are the only club that can realistically offer him that, possibly the wurzels or jacks but that ain’t going to happen. Nor Villa or wolves….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t think it matters, he wants to be at home with his wife and kids, don’t blame him one bit. We are the only club that can realistically offer him that, possibly the wurzels or jacks but that ain’t going to happen. Nor Villa or wolves….
    He's no longer a top flight player

He was reportedly on 400k a week at Juve, should have plenty in the bank
    That’s the way I was looking at it, his previous enormous wages just maybe the financial safety net that allows him to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's no longer a top flight player
    How come he spent last season playing in the French top flight then?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s the way I was looking at it, his previous enormous wages just maybe the financial safety net that allows him to come home.
    I mean that MIGHT mean he's prepared to forgo a couple of million pounds a year to come here, but I don't think I would.

We just need him to sign before Saudi Arabia calls him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    We just need him to sign before Saudi Arabia calls him.
    It's a shame we have been so badly run these last few years as if we performing towards top end of championship as we should be then I suspect it would have been easier to complete this deal ( not so sure about Bale as not so emotional for him)

How come he spent last season playing in the French top flight then?
    The French top flight is about the level of the championship

He's lost pace , gets injured and is older

If he would play 60 minutes for us in the majority of games then that would be nice

We are not signing a 28 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It's a shame we have been so badly run these last few years as if we performing towards top end of championship as we should be then I suspect it would have been easier to complete this deal ( not so sure about Bale as not so emotional for him)
    As in he's a mercenary who never had any interest in his home town club

Who Ramsey?

The French top flight is about the level of the championship

He's lost pace , gets injured and is older

If he would play 60 minutes for us in the majority of games then that would be nice

We are not signing a 28 year old
    Whilst i don't watch a lot of French football, i did watch plenty of Championship, if people think its on par with any of the top leagues in Europe (and I'd included, Belgium, Austria, all Scandinavians) they are smoking crack. Luton Town got prompted ffs! The football by most was shite!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Who Ramsey?
    Think he means Bale

This "Amazing Skills, Tackles, Assists & Goals" video is mainly tackles but it's obvious how clever he is on the pitch. His anticipation and positioning. Doesn't need to be faster than the opposition when he's always one step ahead. MILES better than our current midfield.

You can’t call Bale a mercenary.
    That’s outrageous.

He spent the vast majority of his career at 3 clubs, with the 4th trying and failing to keep in shape for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Whilst i don't watch a lot of French football, i did watch plenty of Championship, if people think its on par with any of the top leagues in Europe (and I'd included, Belgium, Austria, all Scandinavians) they are smoking crack. Luton Town got prompted ffs! The football by most was shite!
    Of course it is