The u18’s had their first game yesterday a friendly against Stockport.
It was an early kick off on the pitch behind the main one at Leckwith.
I have to say this years crop of first year scholars look particularly decent.
The majority of the boys played one half giving everyone a game plus it’s a nice pipe opener for the pre season.
Stockport were a tall side considering their age group but Cardiff dominated possession and slick interplay had us four one up inside half an hour.
Alyas Debono who played centre half oozed class and if I didn’t already know his age I would have wanted to see his birth certificate because he was a huge presence- he’s also a local boy from the Splott area
Dan Ola our Number 9 was a constant threat and also got himself on the scoresheet
Troy Perrett was solid in the middle of the park and if you recognise the surname his father Darren played for the Jacks
He actually still holds the record for the fastest ever hat trick scored by a Swansea player
We conceded a sloppy goal trying to play out from the back but two fantastic goals from the diminutive in stature Jac Thomas a Treherbert boy (played No3) re established our lead
A thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable game ended 6 - 3 but we should have added at least another five
Tougher opposition awaits us on Saturday with a trip up to Merseyside