Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
But this is about balancing a book rather than odds vs probability.

Unless you are daft enough to follow us you probably haven't been paying attention to Vinny drifting away and paying the second and third installment of the Nantes money, a proper manager turning up, and some decent championship players arriving and those not quite at that level leaving.

There'll be fivers and tenners from south Wales on us at fancy odds, but little elsewhere. 13/8 for Leicester to be promoted seems stingy to me when generally (the stattos on here will prove me wrong :)) at least one of the relegated teams blow up into a mini-crisis and death spiral. I think Southampton will be the team this year, they bought a lot of (too) young players last year who struggled in the premier league but with another year and an easier league will be decent IMO.

I think its going to be very tight top 10
I think you're right on the money(poor pun)The same bookies had WBA as a shoe in this time last year if I remember right.Thing is they are guided by money first and foremost together with the perceived wisdom of those who profess to know all.I'd like to think what we are doing this season is under their radar and I'm confident there will be no repeat of last season.