Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
When 'loan to buy' for Moore was first mentioned as a possibility on this and other boards months ago it was rubbished as in breach of the EFL partial embargo. I can't remember where that came from (multiple sources - including WOL) but my understanding has been all summer that any move for Moore would be a straight loan or nothing. It has been clear for all that time too that Bournemouth want a fee if they can get one and that the odds of us getting Moore at the end of the window were slim. It would need Moore and his agent to manufacture a loan move - presumably rejecting any permanent transfer elsewhere - for that to happen. I can't see it.

Some fancy footwork involving a transfer to a certain Belgian club and loan to Cardiff may not be a breach of the rules (the letter if not the spirit). But I think it would take something like that to get Moore in.
Suits Moore to go out on loan then he can get the transfer fee equivalent for himself, we would at least pay his wages for a year.

I'd agree they will have to do something last minute if he refuses to take a transfer.