Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
A nicely dismissive comment. But what about the climate change that is a rapidly accelerating event over a few decades - against the backdrop of growing food and water shortages (the latter you referenced), 8 billion people in the world and rising - about a third of them living on vulnerable coasts - and gross inequalities of resources and living standards that will stoke wars and migration.

I don't underestimate the danger of conflict in the South China Seas (or other hot spots in the world), but Taiwan would not top my list.
It’s obviously a massive concern with the doomsday clock standing at 90 Seconds to Midnight.

That of course doesn’t mean that we should sit idly by, waiting for impending doom while other massive factors stare us in the face.

I posted a video from The Caspian Report the other night, on the “nothing to see here” thread which highlights how many third world countries in the Southern Hemisphere will be effected (essentially sacrificed as toxic dumping grounds) from the run off from refining Rare Earths.
In addition, we are likely to see more conflicts with countries trying to secure vital mineral rich land.