+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Re: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Ah. Not great. 21 day ban 20 years ago - the week of the Stoke play-offs. At Stoke Sunday, Chepstow magistrates Monday, lift to the City on the Wed for the 2nd leg. Apart from that, probably had c40 points - all in 3's apart from 1x5 (that was odd) and done 4 speed awareness courses. On the last one last year the trainer - a nice retired lady - started crying - and I promised myself there are then I was done with it. Never again. Reformed character. No never do over 75.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I knew there would be at least one, well done fair play
    None

International

Has anyone added any points yet?

Give it a month

Twice.
    1983 City were playing home on a Friday night.I had the three points.

International

On a more sober note, (Excuse the pun) the lad who survived that terrible fatal crash in St Mellons but was done for drink/drug driving offences earlier in the journey, had just been up in court having been done again on Aberporth road about 2.30 AM.
    Some people just refuse to learn!

Been driving since 1972......5 speeding tickets
    1) and 2) Driving at 77mph in 70mph zone near Usk around mid eighties - two separate journeys - 3 points docked each time.
    3) and 4) Driving at around 8km/hour over limit through the many variable speed limits around Paris Periphique......same journey!! No points as at the time (mid nineties) I still had UK licence....
    5) two weeks ago....87km/hour in 80km zone....system here is different.......you start OFF with 12 points...so I got 1 point taken away.....

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A tenuous link to this thread.

Many moons ago (maybe 1978), in the days of drink driving, we went to an after race party to celebrate a friend winning the Manx Grand Prix (amateur TT) on the Isle of Man. On the drive back we were pulled over. The driver was way over the limit. The copper asked if anyone else could drive, the answer being no (I’d only passed my bike test at that point). The coppers response was to say, ok carry on driving & I’ll follow you. It was about 5 miles back to the race paddock, which was next to the police station. He followed us back without incident, we parked up and he wished us goodnight.

Wouldn’t happen nowadays!
    Now THAT sound like good policing, as long as they were not blind drunk....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Now THAT sound like good policing, as long as they were not blind drunk....
    Any updates?

None for me but that buzzTart hiding in the layby at the back of the Nine Giants must have caught a few?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Any updates?

None for me but that buzzTart hiding in the layby at the back of the Nine Giants must have caught a few?
    ....including hearses on the way to the crem.

Plenty but not in the last 5 years.

I even got stopped at passport control flying home from Amsterdam airport for a speeding ticket that I collected years before, in a hire car travelling between Holland and Belgium.

It was rather disconcerting at the time but I paid the 50 Euro fine paid on the spot and they let me go. My colleague thought that it was quite funny.

One. But the cop that pulled me over lowered my speed so I wouldn't get points.

Actually two. I got one in Virginia. But that cop did me a favor too, as I was driving a 1967 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.

1 speed awareness course after doing 28 going through Cilfynydd. Van was parked around a bend and I didn't see it until it was too late.

Once had to rush someone to Heathrow when I was young and still living at home. Did 99mph all the way so I couldn't be done for being 30 over the limit. Dropped them off, they missed their flight by a few minutes. My mother decided to come along for a ride, realised in Reading services that she'd left something on the stove, so did another 99mph all the way home to find the smoke alarm bellowing, smoke in the kitchen and charred remains in a saucepan. Amazingly I never got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    1 speed awareness course after doing 28 going through Cilfynydd. Van was parked around a bend and I didn't see it until it was too late.

Once had to rush someone to Heathrow when I was young and still living at home. Did 99mph all the way so I couldn't be done for being 30 over the limit. Dropped them off, they missed their flight by a few minutes. My mother decided to come along for a ride, realised in Reading services that she'd left something on the stove, so did another 99mph all the way home to find the smoke alarm bellowing, smoke in the kitchen and charred remains in a saucepan. Amazingly I never got caught.
    This reminds me…when I drove to the Wales vs Belgium game in the 2016 Euros there were terrible delays at the tunnel so I got to France about an hour and a quarter before KO.

I remember thinking that I didn’t care if I got a speeding ticket as I just didn’t want to miss the game so I caned it all the way and made it with 9 mins to spare 😯

And somehow avoided punishment….

Once, did speed awareness course no points, still have paper licence. I bought a new car about 6 weeks ago, the salesman said that my licence was the best condition paper licence he had seen, it's in pristine condition and has always been in a plastic sleeve and is kept safely it very rarely sees the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    This reminds me…when I drove to the Wales vs Belgium game in the 2016 Euros there were terrible delays at the tunnel so I got to France about an hour and a quarter before KO.

I remember thinking that I didn’t care if I got a speeding ticket as I just didn’t want to miss the game so I caned it all the way and made it with 9 mins to spare 😯

And somehow avoided punishment….
    Similar to me, but we missed the kick off by about 30 seconds.
    Driving back the next day was "interesting" after consuming a lot of beer after the game.

None. 55 years motoring. Anticipating getting caught in a 20mph zone any day though as it's so easy to exceed this accidentally, especially as the signage is poor in some places.

Never been caught in this country but picked up a speeding fine in France a few years ago. I was travelling 1km/h above the limit plus the %allowable error.
    Think it was about a €40 fine

No speeding tickets and no points. Had a few anxious waits over the years though, including going through a no entry and the wrong way down a bus lane at a junction - "flashed" on entry and exit but no ticket ever arrived!

International

It's a bit odd that you drive around at 99mph yet think it's fine to reduce speed in Wales to 20mph?

You were close to the low limit to do an awareness course 32mph points, fine and unable to do the course.

Driver awareness courses
    Once you’ve responded to the notice, and done so within the required timeframe, you could be sent:

an option to attend a driver awareness course
    a fixed penalty notice
    or a letter telling you to go to court
    The police will consider the following grounds when assessing your eligibility for the driver awareness course:

your speed narrowly exceeded the limit and falls within the guidelines set out by the National Police Chief Council (NPCC) up to:
    31 mph in a 20 mph area
    42 mph in a 30 mph area
    53 mph in a 40 mph area
    64 mph in a 50 mph area**
    75 mph in a 60 mph area
    86 mph in a 70 mph area
    you haven’t already completed a course within three years or are booked on an upcoming course

That must have been one poxy cooker !