+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dodgy goal hits City, but the right result as winning run ends.

Dodgy goal hits City, but the right result as winning run ends.

Strange choice at right back by Erol Bulut.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Dodgy goal hits City, but the right result as winning run ends.

We were crap against Rotherham and Boro last night .

Rotherham are not a good side and we still struggled .

Boro on a better winning streak

Boro have better development players to call upon .

We are still building a decent team.

Need creative skills in midfield other than Rambo.

Our Full backs not the best .

No 9 needed .

Report over .

Good report as always Bob.

Re. your 'as the game was almost being played at a walking pace at times as the home team got their fans annoyed with plenty of sideways and backwards passing.' City really frustrated me in the first half by not going for Boro's throat as I felt they were there for the taking. We were far too cautious for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good report as always Bob.

Re. your 'as the game was almost being played at a walking pace at times as the home team got their fans annoyed with plenty of sideways and backwards passing.' City really frustrated me in the first half by not going for Boro's throat as I felt they were there for the taking. We were far too cautious for my liking.
    Think that what happened at Sunderland maybe influenced tactical thinking on City’s part last night. We won by sitting back and getting a sucker punch goal and that seemed the approach again, I’m not sure we were good enough at keeping the ball last night or against Sunderland to attack either side, but I thought we were very good without the ball in the first half, only to struggle after that when Middlesbrough upped the pace.

I've got to be honest, I thought it was a very poor performance, and I don't buy the 'tired players' excuse either. The Saturday-Tuesday schedule has been around for years, and everyone knows about it. Middlesbrough played on Saturday as well. City were poor, and suffered further due to the lack of a decent left back. Moving Perry Ng over to the right meant that he was out of position, while Adams at right back was completely out of his depth. Perhaps Ralls should have played LB, with Colwill in the centre? Just a suggestion.
    If this is going to continue, perhaps we should recall Bagan.

I’ve had a word my mate Kloppie today, while he was eating an apple through a tennis racquet, and I’m asking for our game to replayed

Agree, we are punchless with any combination of Etete/Ugbo/Meite up front. There's a world of difference between holding up the ball, giving it to a colleague, and players who can run at defenders, make runs into space, and make the opposition 'keeper do some work. Tanner can do that, but he's needed out wide, so can Robinson, but he's not getting much game time. A front 3 of McCormack, Chopra, Bothroyd, or Fowler, or J.F.H., or Jerome, or even Tom Lawrence or Kenny Miller. Even Kieffer Moore, a bit of both. We played OK 1st half but the play deserved better options up front.