+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut claims he was offered Cardiff job 3 years ago

Bulut claims he was offered Cardiff job 3 years ago

according to this tweet . Can't remember this rumour or a load of baloney ?

Re: Bulut claims he was offered Cardiff job 3 years ago

Well, if it's a load of baloney, as you put it, then Bulut Is a top end liar seeing as it's a direct quote from him 🤣

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ecret-27884234

Erol Bulut has revealed he held talks to become Cardiff City manager three years ago but instead chose to take the top job at Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

At that stage, the Bluebirds were under the stewardship of Neil Harris, who himself guided the Welsh club to the play-offs during that campaign. However, Bulut revealed that at some point during that period, he held discreet talks to take over at Cardiff. When that was, exactly, is not specified, but on August 5, 2020 he took over at Fenerbahce and Cardiff would have to wait three years to get their man.

If the timeline in this story is correct the club were sounding out Bulut during the summer of 2000. After Neil Harris got us into the play offs. Which sounds either unlikely or ambitious (delete according to taste!).

As it was Harris lasted until January 2021 and instead of Erol Bulut the same visionary club leadership opted for Mick McCarthy!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ecret-27884234

Erol Bulut has revealed he held talks to become Cardiff City manager three years ago but instead chose to take the top job at Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

At that stage, the Bluebirds were under the stewardship of Neil Harris, who himself guided the Welsh club to the play-offs during that campaign. However, Bulut revealed that at some point during that period, he held discreet talks to take over at Cardiff. When that was, exactly, is not specified, but on August 5, 2020 he took over at Fenerbahce and Cardiff would have to wait three years to get their man.

If the timeline in this story is correct the club were sounding out Bulut during the summer of 2000. After Neil Harris got us into the play offs. Which sounds either unlikely or ambitious (delete according to taste!).

As it was Harris lasted until January 2021 and instead of Erol Bulut the same visionary club leadership opted for Mick McCarthy!
    Perfectly plausable then.

he held discreet talks to take over at Cardiff.
    So his agent spoke to someone who was working for someone who was unofficially connected to the club, it wouldnt be the strangest of things that the club was putting out feelers to alot of managers

Starting to feel a little bit like the Turkish Steve Morison.

Erol Buluts biggest fan is… Erol Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Think he’s getting a free pass because he’s unknown.

Another manager wouldn’t get this much slack

I don’t think he’s awful but I don’t think he’s the messiah either

If true, which it probably is, blows the theory out of the water that we don’t look for managers until the old ones sacked.

Which then leads me to my next point, why does it always take our long to replace the old manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Probably more because he hasn’t spent a penny and we are pushing for the playoffs rather than scrapping at the bottom again.

He has his flaws but no question he is a massive improvement on what we have had previously. Some people just seem upset he’s another manager who doesn’t rate Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Probably more because he hasn’t spent a penny and we are pushing for the playoffs rather than scrapping at the bottom again.

He has his flaws but no question he is a massive improvement on what we have had previously. Some people just seem upset he’s another manager who doesn’t rate Colwill.
    seems a bit muted on here regarding our new manager me thinks

notice my thread regarding him being a contender for manager of the month didn't receive much response

here we have a manager who has cobbled up a few freebies and loan players and playing half decent stuff in the top half of the league shouldn't we be counting our blessings ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    seems a bit muted on here regarding our new manager me thinks

notice my thread regarding him being a contender for manager of the month didn't receive much response

here we have a manager who has cobbled up a few freebies and loan players and playing half decent stuff in the top half of the league shouldn't we be counting our blessings ?
    Everyone I speak to think he’s doing a great job, few frustrations about some of the subs as you get with most managers and enjoying watching some players improve.

Christ there are some clowns on here

We have had a solid start and he needs to be backed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Give him a season with no threat of sacking or ambitions of promotion.

McCarthy was backed after he made an incredible start and look how that turned out.

Football is too quick to offer big contracts and money to those who shine for a short while, but equally too trigger happy when things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

In your head maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Give him a season with no threat of sacking or ambitions of promotion.

McCarthy was backed after he made an incredible start and look how that turned out.

Football is too quick to offer big contracts and money to those who shine for a short while, but equally too trigger happy when things go wrong.
    He's a far better manager than mm you dozy twerp

You winge and moan about crap long ball managers , we get a fresh face from the continent , he's doing OK and you are lining up waiting for him to fail

Cobblers

He's a far better manager than mm you dozy twerp

You winge and moan about crap long ball managers , we get a fresh face from the continent , he's doing OK and you are lining up waiting for him to fail

Cobblers
    No I'm not. I'm saying give him a full season with no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No I'm not. I'm saying give him a full season with no pressure.
    One season ?

You generous chap you

He will be most pleased

Says the man who wrote him off before a ball was kicked and was adamant we were going to get relegated this season.

Watch you don’t trip over your big shoes you clown

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I said in the summer that some of the optimism with fans is that we have a proper manager and it looks like I may be right, he's certainly a step (or two) up on what we've had recently

He's also shown the ability to learn from his mistakes unlike some