Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
There you are then!

Unfortunately we have free will and thus we are free to do what ever we want. We could spend the $1500 billion on medical research but "we" (maybe not you and I personally!) have chosen to spend it on defence in case our neighbour decides to attack us, kill us and possess what we have. You may recall that Jesus (God in human form) reminded us to "love your neighbour", a message which we have conveniently ignored and so we are where we are.

I have no idea why God does not intervene at the present time. He did 2000 years ago in the shape of Jesus but mankind has in the main ignored his intervention and gone his own sweet way. I believe he will in the end times (a whole different debate!) but things will be much, much worse than they are now, as the wickedness of mankind knows no limits. To a being who is outside of time it is said that with God one day is as a 1,000 years, and 1,000 years are as one day - so our conception of time must be totally different to his.
That doesn't answer the question

If part of human free will is causing us to want to bomb and fight each other .....then god , being all powerful would clearly intervene and sort out that faulty gene

Evolution is discounted by your lot ......so God if he exists is powerful enough to fix it

He doesn't

He clearly doesn't exist because a kind loving God would stop all this madness

The excuse that humans have freewill is another weak excuse

If Jesus turned water into wine then God can stop war , stop famine and help us look after the planet for the poor little children

Giving us the excuse of having free will and it not being God's fault and being something he can't stop is silly because if he did exist he wouldnt let the children he is supposed to love be bombed in the middle east or be sexually abused by priests