+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Great Collapse of 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Great Collapse of 2009

15 years, where has that gone.

I remember the disappointment though only would have been able to have named the Preston and Ipswich matches.

Preston because of the incredible goal swing and Ipswich, the limp and pathetic goodbye to NP on and off the pitch. Think there may have been a few sad balloons at the end.

I definitely was far more emotionally involved back then. After that season I was convinced I'd never see us in the PL, felt we were destined to always fall short.

Perhaps just used to the defeats now.

Re: The Great Collapse of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    15 years, where has that gone.

I remember the disappointment though only would have been able to have named the Preston and Ipswich matches.

Preston because of the incredible goal swing and Ipswich, the limp and pathetic goodbye to NP on and off the pitch. Think there may have been a few sad balloons at the end.

I definitely was far more emotionally involved back then. After that season I was convinced I'd never see us in the PL, felt we were destined to always fall short.

Perhaps just used to the defeats now.
    Me too. I remember at the end of that game in Sheffield seeing some guy in a Captain Marvel - or similar - outfit in floods of tears. (No - it wasn't me! ). It sort of summed up that season for me.