Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpaign=channel

Cardiff City launch 'big bid' for Serbian striker with impressive goal record
The Bluebirds are desperate to add a striker to their ranks this month.

Cardiff City have launched a bid for Valarenga striker Andrej Ilic, according to reports in Norway.

The Serbian forward, 23, scored 11 goals in 16 games last season, including nine in 13 Eliteserien appearances for the Oslo-based club.

Norwegian channel TV 2 claim Cardiff and Valarenga are locked in negotiations over the player's transfer after the Welsh side launched a "big bid" for the player. French team Toulouse had registered an interest in this window, too, but subsequently signed Shavy Babicka from Aris Limassol, with Valarenga's asking price for Ilic cited as the reason they moved on.

READ MORE: Cardiff City keen on Man Utd defender amid competition from 'several clubs'

LATEST: Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training

Cardiff are said to be in the "driver's seat" regarding a deal for the Serbia youth international, who scored 42 goals and provided 17 assists for RFS in 87 appearances for the Latvian team before earning his move to the Norwegian top flight. That being said, the Championship would represent a major step up in quality.

Fellow Norwegian side Bodo/Glimt are also said to have shown an interest in the 6ft 2ins striker, however it appears the Bluebirds are in deeper negotiations with the player.

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut has spoken about the need to pivot in this transfer window, having to jump from Plan A to Plan B because he wants to get deals over the line quickly. Sign up to our daily Cardiff City newsletter here.

Good Life Plus
Forget The Lottery! You're Literally Thousands Times More Likely To Win This
Whisky Investors
The intriguing investment you've never heard of? Whisky casks
by TaboolaSponsored Links
Speaking on Thursday about transfers and strikers, Bulut said: "I cannot wait on just one player and get him on January 31, because if not then I have nothing. I have to fix my deals before.

SIMILAR ARTICLES TO THIS
partner logo
POWERED BY
Cardiff City loan signings rated as West Brom star impresses but Arsenal man disappoints as exit decisions loom
Cardiff City loan signings rated as West Brom star impresses but Arsenal man disappoints as exit decisions loom
COMMENTS
Cardiff City linked with Man Utd legend's son amid Hull City and Huddersfield Town interest
Cardiff City linked with Man Utd legend's son amid Hull City and Huddersfield Town interest
COMMENTS
Cardiff City v Leeds United Live: Breaking team news and score updates
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City news as former Rangers and Man Utd players linked and new appointment offers transfer clue
Tonight's Cardiff City news as former Rangers and Man Utd players linked and new appointment offers transfer clue
COMMENTS
Emotional Jason Mohammad 'the most overwhelmed he's been on TV' as he meets childhood Cardiff City hero
Emotional Jason Mohammad 'the most overwhelmed he's been on TV' as he meets childhood Cardiff City hero
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City news as Premier League star linked and deals at 'advanced stages' with transfers possible this week
Tonight's Cardiff City news as Premier League star linked and deals at 'advanced stages' with transfers possible this week
COMMENTS
'I'm happy here' - Erol Bulut wants to sign new contract and build Cardiff City project with deal expiring in months
'I'm happy here' - Erol Bulut wants to sign new contract and build Cardiff City project with deal expiring in months
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as new striker and defender linked and winger seals move
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as new striker and defender linked and winger seals move
COMMENTS
Jonathan Panzo returns to Nottingham Forest as Cardiff City loan cut short
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut gives Robinson explanation, exit confirmed and move labelled 'no brainer'
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut gives Robinson explanation, exit confirmed and move labelled 'no brainer'
COMMENTS
Tonight's Swansea City transfer news as defender bid launched and Williams' message clear
Tonight's Swansea City transfer news as defender bid launched and Williams' message clear
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as target favours Championship move and four clubs enter talks over Kieffer Moore
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as target favours Championship move and four clubs enter talks over Kieffer Moore
COMMENTS
Every word from Erol Bulut on Cardiff City transfers, Aaron Ramsey fitness and his Bluebirds future ahead of Leeds clash
Every word from Erol Bulut on Cardiff City transfers, Aaron Ramsey fitness and his Bluebirds future ahead of Leeds clash
COMMENTS
Cardiff City star poised for Sheffield Wednesday transfer
COMMENTS
Erol Bulut just named what he wants in this transfer window and now Cardiff City face critical fortnight
Erol Bulut just named what he wants in this transfer window and now Cardiff City face critical fortnight
COMMENTS
Cardiff City suffer transfer blow as striker target signs for new club and Erol Bulut clears up defender deal
Cardiff City suffer transfer blow as striker target signs for new club and Erol Bulut clears up defender deal
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as Bulut would sign star 'immediately', deal ruled out and Ramsey returns to training
COMMENTS
Erol Bulut makes Cardiff City transfer plea as he reveals he has only 15 players for Plymouth Argyle trip
Erol Bulut makes Cardiff City transfer plea as he reveals he has only 15 players for Plymouth Argyle trip
COMMENTS
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as midfielder to join new club, star set for contract extension and injury blow revealed
Tonight's Cardiff City transfer news as midfielder to join new club, star set for contract extension and injury blow revealed
The Welsh trio now at heart of Leeds United as standards set and transfer question looms
The Welsh trio now at heart of Leeds United as standards set and transfer question looms
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS

COMMENTS
COMMENTS

COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS
COMMENTS

"I have to go to other players. If I don't get this striker, I have to go to the second one, third one, fourth one. Whichever one I get quick, I will do that. Maybe the quality there is not the quality I had as my first choice, but then I take my second one and I have a player I can use. At the end if I was waiting for my first choice and I don't get him then I don't have anything.

"It's all small details with all the players. That's why we try, sometimes it's not finance. Sometimes it is. Many small details."
if you're going to cut and paste stories at least learn how to do it properly