+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who takes the blame?

Re: Who takes the blame?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    How many players of his choice has he had to work with in 8mths. If it wasn't for the financial constraints we've found ourselves in over the last 12mths I think the squad would look very different now.
    When did it become the case that managers could only work with players of their choosing?

We're poorly coached and set up. That's on the coaching staff

How many players of his choice has he had to work with in 8mths. If it wasn't for the financial constraints we've found ourselves in over the last 12mths I think the squad would look very different now.
    Six members of Saturday’s starting line up arrived after Bulut was appointed, as were four of the five subs used.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    When did it become the case that managers could only work with players of their choosing?

We're poorly coached and set up. That's on the coaching staff
    Exactly, not all clubs are afforded the luxury of bolstering their team with expensive purchases but some of the have nots make up for it with better coaching and grit and determination.

On Saturday Bowler gave the ball away nearly every time it came to him - even more frequently than usual. Just awful, sloppy play, something a manager should be picking up on. I also recall that after the game Bulut said something along the lines of 'players should be aware of the movement of their colleagues..'. What game was he watching - absolutely no movement, nobody into space, it was as if every player was an island..

1. Everyone is skint. PL clubs included.
    2. He should be developing everyone. That's literally his job. Take Siopis, who is 100% a Bulut signing? Has he got better or worse? Ng is a good player at this level, have his performances improved? A manager shouldn't solely be judged on recruitment, especially in 2024. He's done a bang average job, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    On Saturday Bowler gave the ball away nearly every time it came to him - even more frequently than usual. Just awful, sloppy play, something a manager should be picking up on. I also recall that after the game Bulut said something along the lines of 'players should be aware of the movement of their colleagues..'. What game was he watching - absolutely no movement, nobody into space, it was as if every player was an island..
    Bowler's entire game is cutting in off the right. When we have 10 players inside of him, so PNE can double up, it is impossible for him to do anything. Bowler is not having a good season but he is not being helped by some really bizarre instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This isn’t a Cardiff only problem you’ve just described the majority of clubs in the EFL who are at some point in this cycle
    Indeed. It's our saving grace.

Tan

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The club has been run very poorly on the football side of things ever since Vincent Tan took over. Our choices of manager have been poor ever since Malky Mackay left with only Neil Warnock putting up any sort of argument against that statement. The quality of football played by Cardiff City in an era where I'd say there has been a move towards more entertainment and encouragement of skill has largely been dull, dated and unsuccessful with far too much emphasis on brute force. Of course, the various managers and their coaches are directly responsible for that, but who appointed them in the first place? It certainly doesn't strike me that Messrs Tan, Dalman and Choo are lovers of the "beautiful game" with the Chairman's personal choice of manager Erol Bulut being the dullest one of the lot when it comes to tactics and playing style - except, weirdly enough when we play with a weakened team in a cup tie when he goes all gung ho!
    It was badly run long before tan arrived - he has just continued a long standing tradition