+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Energy Provider ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Energy Provider ?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I started a switch to octopus from edf.octopus wanted one month in advance.That would have meant paying edf what I owed them ,then within days paying octopus one month in advance.
    I cancelled and stayed with EDF..Most offers these days require a smart meter.
    I read my meters every month,send the readings to edf,then pay what I owe by direct debit.I wish I was paying 120 quid per month on medium usage in a 2 bed house .I've got a end terrace old house with an extension.It's ****ing freezing..Plus son works from home although he coughs up his share.
    I take it you pay a fair bit more then

Why don't you want a smart meter ?

When I change from EON I will still be paying on energy used it's just I won't have to send in readings

Once a month , card payment , exact usage

None of this direct debit nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I take it you pay a fair bit more then

Why don't you want a smart meter ?

When I change from EON I will still be paying on energy used it's just I won't have to send in readings

Once a month , card payment , exact usage

None of this direct debit nonsense
    ask octopus for a variable pay in full direct debit its cheaper than a card payment

I asked a friend who works for EDF about switching to Octopus and she explained that their staff are not that savvy regarding the accounting side of it even though their Kraken system has been adopted by both e.on and EDF.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    ask octopus for a variable pay in full direct debit its cheaper than a card payment
    This is what I do with edf.Just send in the readings.
    I don't want a smart meter as I'm hoping to move.The new owners can make the decision whether they want a smart meter or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    This is what I do with edf.Just send in the readings.
    I don't want a smart meter as I'm hoping to move.The new owners can make the decision whether they want a smart meter or not.
    I would assume that eventually you will have no choice in the matter in the same way phonelines are being unplugged