Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I didnt tell you, I asked. In my experience, when I look at the friends I have who are absolute anti-brexit die-hards, as opposed to those who voted against it but accepted the result with grace, nearly all have a financial interest at play. Usually a business or second home. They frequently abuse people who voted differently, on pretend moral grounds but there is usually money or personal motivation at play.

Hey, I am very very happy to look at all the stats. That exactly what I try to do. Not just look at selective ones to try to make a point.

Apologies if I mis-characterised your situation. Just borne from trying to understand why some people can't move on. 👍
I have said consistently that I am open to acknowledging and welcoming the benefits of Brexit as and when - and if - they manifest themselves (I live here, and it is not my interest or in the interest of my family and friends to do otherwise) In my mind, it is you James that is stuck in some sort of ideology/mindset that refuses to acknowledge the realities of how this is all unfolding. But - anyway, here we go again - we'll never agree.

(Oh, and for the record my holiday home in Europe is my sister's small 4th floor flat in an apartment block in Berlin with no lift, and I visit quite a lot. It's always interesting to talk to the locals, and can be a valuable education to set alongside what you can learn in books of statistics)