They are so thick in Swansea, and judging by their messageboards, so awful at spelling, that I give my verdict on how this ridiculously crap player was signed.

I reckon that when the agent reached out and said “We have “Ronald” available at a good price”, they probably saw “Ronaldo”, and their eyes lit up. They thought there was a commercial opportunity in signing the very old Brazilian striker called Ronaldo, and putting bums on seats to get some desperately needed ticket sales for their rapidly dwindling fanbase. Under a transfer deadline pressure, the dumbos running the club thought it was a “no-brainer” and signed the deal.

Then this poor excuse of a footballer called Ronald turned up for training and the playing squad must have thought allowing him in to training was part of a bet or something. One Swansea fan on a chat group was reputed to say “I reckon he is just a midget from the Amman Valley who has blacked up with makeup and passed himself off as a Brazilian, to get off benefits. Clever bugger”.

Looking at the corner he took, and clips I wonder if he has ever played football at all. I reckon he just passed a sprint test and they thought “Oooh he’d be good out wide, butty”.

He is closer to Ronald Mc Donald than Ronaldo. And more Cwm Welfare than Copacobana.