Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I wouldn't wish to bunch Gofer with truthpaste for one second either. They are like chalk and cheese. Gofer behaves on here like a civilised person and is easy and straightforward to communicate with.
I'm happy with that assessment from your perspective, it's probably what I would have said before I was saved.
The only common factor I claimed (re Gofer) is that we have both admitted we are flawed individuals that have seen our need for God's forgiveness and accepted Christ as our Lord & God. Nothing more.

Gofer takes a very different approach to my own, so yes we are chalk & cheese, correct.

I have needed to be more confrontational because of the ministry I am in, Gofer is in another area of ministry to my own.
It's hard to explain, but take the approach of Alex Ferguson and Alf Ramsey; both very respected for getting results, albeit AF over a longer period of time, both equally football managers, but one would bounce teacups off the wall and the other wouldn't dream of it.

In the end you are not my judge TBG, and while I may continue to make mistakes, none of them will be deliberate or malicious; the key factor will be if you end up taking life, death and your soul more seriously; not how much you hated or loved the messenger.

Same goes for you Jon. Nobody who is a Christian thinks it's going to be a popularity contest.
Shalom.