Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
The identity of the Cardiff City team that holds the current record of going 32 matches in a single season without scoring three or more goals in a league game is a surprise to say the least. Amazingly, the 2008/09 promotion-chasing City side managed by Dave Jones and featuring the likes of Jay Bothroyd, Ross McCormack and Michael Chopra failed to score three goals in a game until beating Barnsley 3-1 at Ninian Park in the first week of March. However, the comparison with the current Bluebirds team ends there, as the class of 2008/09 had won 2-0 on six occasions by that stage and hadn’t been beaten by two or more goals by anyone apart from Arsenal in an FA Cup replay.
I knew that was a long run, couldn't remember how long, but 32 games doesn't sound surprising at all. I remember posting about it on here a few times that season, suggesting our inability to score 3 at least once might cost us. We lost out on the playoffs on goals scored in the end.

While not in the same season, our longest run of league games without scoring more than 2 is 40, between Feb 1978 and Feb 1979. I reckon that if Bulut is in charge next season, he'd have the chance to break that record in game 8.