Ive been working 37 years now

I always disliked working for others ( the man making money from my hard work ), but I always got bored after a few years and moved on, being a decent Chippie, I could always get new starts with old work mates who had moved on and I always did, a phone call or text on Friday and I would have a start on Monday morning

in hindsight, they were most probably the best working days I had, good work mates ( and ive had some very good work mates ), good laughs and being part of a team, I must have been a right PITA to employ, always looking to get one over on the management, just doing enough work to get by, BBQ and a few beers on the beach at the Bendricks on a hot day, yea why not, I would always get the work done, but never really pushed myself, I wouldnt have employed myself

then I moved away from being a Chippie 21 years ago, working on my own, while I can earn alot more money ( and I do ), I miss working with people, I thought about building garden buildings, did mine as a show building, did a few for customers, then got offered a job ( by a ex work mate who works for the company ), so 1 day a week now for a company snagging new build garden rooms, but while im part of a team, I actually go and inspect the work at customer handover and either put things right ( the money is taken from the install teams money ) or I get them back out and they put it right ( for free ), so as you can guess, im not really part of a team, im the bad guy taking money from people

work to me is a chore, it gets in the way of life, I admire people who enjoy work, maybe I havent found the right work ? ? maybe I never will, but the trade off is I get to do what I want, do the fun things in life and im fortunate to be able to do that, which I will forever be grateful for