+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham City

Birmingham City

Re: Birmingham City

The last few years have been an absolute disaster for them. I've always had them down as a very similar club to Cardiff - same sort of crowds, league history, background, etc. (I'm sure someone will be along soon to put me straight). The things is, I'm reading that article, and I kept thinking - 'This could be us'. Anything happens to Uncle Vinnie, and we could be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The last few years have been an absolute disaster for them. I've always had them down as a very similar club to Cardiff - same sort of crowds, league history, background, etc. (I'm sure someone will be along soon to put me straight). The things is, I'm reading that article, and I kept thinking - 'This could be us'. Anything happens to Uncle Vinnie, and we could be in trouble.
    Or it could be the making of us.

Good point that. Are we, as a club, covered in any way if Vinnie shuffles off? I wonder if there’s any ‘safety net’ regarding us or will it be, ‘Dad/Grandad’s gone, let’s have our share out, who the f*ck are Cardiff City?’.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Good point that. Are we, as a club, covered in any way if Vinnie shuffles off? I wonder if there’s any ‘safety net’ regarding us or will it be, ‘Dad/Grandad’s gone, let’s have our share out, who the f*ck are Cardiff City?’.
    Aw come on we all know there is a really strong and robust succession plan in place for uncle Vinnies departure same as we have prepared for all our managerial departures 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Aw come on we all know there is a really strong and robust succession plan in place for uncle Vinnies departure same as we have prepared for all our managerial departures ��
    Silly me, why am I so distrustful

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Aw come on we all know there is a really strong and robust succession plan in place for uncle Vinnies departure same as we have prepared for all our managerial departures ��
    Seems we’re all over our insurance policies at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Or it could be the making of us.
    In what way?

As a club we look pretty unattractive for an investor.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In what way?

The only reason that VT is still here is pride, he cannot be seen as a failure. When he visited last year he had the women's team and manager with him at the Malaysian embassy as, IIRC, they had just done the double.

MD has said, on several occasions, that VT has turned down what MD considered to be realistic offers.
    Last edited by NottinghamBlue; 07-05-24 at 18:40. Reason: Correction

Going to spend £2 billion ...

https://www.itv.com/news/central/202...er-wheels-site

62,000 seats, NFL, probably formula 1 !

Sheer utter madness...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Sheer utter madness...
    Build it and they will come

Wagner is certainly going for it, you would expect them to spend some money and get promoted back to the championship, but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Sheer utter madness...
    Wrexham all over again

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wrexham all over again
    "Go Blues, go" on AppleTV.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In what way?

Why? Cardiff is a pretty big city with loads of untapped fans in the area. Hardly anyone % wide attends. The city itself seems to be thriving, the football club lagging behind, as ever. We a ripe for a takeover and could easily be a Brighton or Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Why? Cardiff is a pretty big city with loads of untapped fans in the area. Hardly anyone % wide attends. The city itself seems to be thriving, the football club lagging behind, as ever. We a ripe for a takeover and could easily be a Brighton or Crystal Palace
    I agree but we have big debts

I would agree that Tan's running of the club has not been perfect. But we have never had a points deduction for breaching FFP and that prudent running of the club saved our backsides last season. The fact is we are limited in what we can spend in the transfer market because of FFP. Having the sixth biggest wage bill means there is next to nothing left for transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    The only reason that VT is still here is pride, he cannot be seen as a failure. When he visited last year he had the women's team and manager with him at the Malaysian embassy as, IIRC, they had just done the double.

MD has said, on several occasions, that VT has turned down what MD considered to be realistic offers.
    Would that include Dalman's own offers?

Dalman has his own agenda and tries to set himself up as distinct from Tan in the eyes of the fanbase, some of the stuff he was coming out with last summer was unprofessional and embarrassing