Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
He does - he sent Jesus but you have rejected him. End of story.

Re: miracles. I still retain a certain degree of skepticism (a hang over from my pre-Christian days) on this subject, probably because whilst I have heard about miraculous healings, I have only ever witnessed one myself and that was because I was present and I knew the lad concerned and his family also.

A pastor came over from the USA for one year during the early 1990's and he lived for that time in a rented house in the Rhondda. He had been a chaplain in the U.S. air force during WW2, stationed near Marloes in Pembs and still had a heart for Wales all those years later. Frank was a lovely man, very humble, a real man of God, without any of the drama we often associate with American evangelists.

One Sunday he came to our chapel in Pontypool to preach, so he knew nothing about our congregation. Present was a young lad William who had spina bifida and who could only get around in a motorised wheelchair and could only communicate using a laptop (think Stephen Hawkings). During the service Frank suddenly stopped and looked directly at William and simply said, young man get up and walk to me. To our amazement William got up very slowly and walked unaided, albeit unsteadily, towards the front. To say we were all in a kind of shock was an understatement. His family were in awe as were the rest of us who had known William for years.

The strange thing was that although William was able to walk back to his wheelchair, as as far as I know, he never walked again. I still wrestle with that to this day but there was no denying what we witnessed - it was a miracle.
Well if god is great he needs to send Jesus again and again, not just once every 2000 years

Because he's using you lot to do his work in converting us and the majority of people are either not interested or think it's nonsense

If I was the world and universes most powerful being I would be very pissed off if all these people were not getting the message that God and Jesus is the way and I would do whatever I could to contact these non believers , through whatever way I could

People have temporary lapses , relapses and huge improvements in medical conditions

A miracle would mean this young lad walked and continued to walk and through your god similar miracles were happening and they happened day in day out and not just when a preacher from America visits a church in pontypool

If God existed he would be able to make people walk or cure their cancer with a click of his fingers when people asked him to do so, time and time again as scientists have to do to prove that if you mix iron shavings with acid you get an explosive reaction

These one off I was there things .....which almost always happen to Christians.....when they are in a church .....with other Christians... are just anecdotal and would need to be carried out time and time again to prove they are indeed an act of god

Hundreds of children , innocent and vulnerable are dying of starvation and bombing in gaza , Africa, India etc ....now , in this present moment

Why has god picked this kid in a wheelchair in a church and not used his incredible powers to save these kids in gaza ?

There will be some philosophical excuse but that's all that's ever offered and that's why atheists and agnostics don't join the big party